• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first Japanese; a T99 long rifle with a twist...RANGE REPORT

Got all the pieces for my Toyo Kogyo. Only original pieces is the bayonet, a Type 30 Hikari Seiki. dust cover and muzzle cover are reproductions for now. I can see why the soldier's threw the dust covers away; what a pain!

T

Last edited:
Nice... I like shooting my 99s. I still have not come across the 1/2 box of factory ammo. Had a pipe break few years ago and basement got all displaced. Had to move everything around.
If I do find them you can shoot it. Just need brass back.

i get my 7.7 from Bullseye in Woonsocket, he isnt cheap, i think its $40+ for 20 rounds, but he usually has it instock ( he is a manufacturer), give him a call....

I bet, but it's a short ride for me and it's not like I shoot my grandfathers bring back a lot. Just nice to have some ammo around.

I bet, but it's a short ride for me and it's not like I shoot my grandfathers bring back a lot. Just nice to have some ammo around.
True, nice to have one with some history. Only history I have on one is original owner picked it up in the 50s out of a oak bucket in a hardware store for 8.00$

The Lyman #311410 drops around .313" and can be loaded into the 7.7, as well as a more typical 174/180gr Sierra.
Any of you are welcome to SE CT to shoot some of my 7.7mm reloads at 100 meters (It won't be free ammo, but it will be about half factory price...)

Last edited:
40 pieces of fun have arrived. Rifle feeds and cycles perfectly; the magazine well was not modified in any way. Waiting for a break in the weather.

T

Last edited:
40 pieces of fun have arrived. Rifle feeds and cycles perfectly; the magazine well was not modified in any way. Waiting for a break in the weather.

T

Nice looking ammo isn't it? What was the current price?
It's got a good little kick too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom