My first handgun purchase.

Picked up this like new Glock 30 today from Zero Hour Arms. I was going to get a Sig P229 but that was before Fall River decided to give me an unrestricted license. My focus then shifted to something smaller which I could be able to CCW.

284176719_op4oM-O.jpg

284176732_CzNdi-O.jpg

Picked up this like new Glock 30 today from Zero Hour Arms. I was going to get a Sig P229 but that was before Fall River decided to give me an unrestricted license. My focus then shifted to something smaller which I could be able to CCW.

A Sig P239 would be smaller than the Sig P229.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. I had a Glock 30... LOVED IT. It was very accurate. Recoil was nothing. I foolishly sold it... but I'll get another one eventually.

Enjoy it!

yeah, a Glock 30 or any .45 ACP sub-compact is kinda tough to start with....

the good thing is:

1. you got a reliable, time-tested gun with "questionable" ergonomics...

2. you have an abundance of parts suppliers

3. you can put it back on consignment at any time....

good luck with the g30.... i'm sure you'll find your way over to other guns....

Last edited by a moderator:
Great choice. I love the G30. A manageable shooter and easy to conceal. It is the only Glock I still own. In fact it is my only semi auto, I am a wheel gun guy in general. I like the way it feels, it just fits my hand. Congratulations!

Nice pickup, vic.... IMO a G30 is a keeper, even if, er, well WHEN [smile] you find yourself buying
other handguns down the road.

-Mike

I put 50 rounds of Wolf 230 grain FMJ, 50 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 230 grain FMJ and 10 rounds of Federal 230 grain Hydra-Shok JHP through it at the range today.

It ate it all with no problems whatsoever.

I put 50 rounds of Wolf 230 grain FMJ, 50 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 230 grain FMJ and 10 rounds of Federal 230 grain Hydra-Shok JHP through it at the range today.

It ate it all with no problems whatsoever.

And will continue to do so forever. It'll easily feed those "flying ashtray" Cor-Bon brand rounds as well. I use Hornady 200 grain +P in my own compact .45's. It gives better velocities and down range energy. Also don't overlook Remington Golden Saber .45ACP 230 grain.

That's a great first purchase! I picked one up myself a month or so ago and I love it. Now pop a 3.5# connector in it and a NY1 trigger spring and it'll be an ever better carry gun. The 3.5# and NY1 spring give it a nice short revolver style trigger that is much better than the stock for a CCW gun. My opinion only of course :)

Oh and fill her up with some nice 230gr Speer Gold Dot.

I installed some Pearce grip extensions on the magazines. It fits really nice in my hand now. I've put over 600 rounds through it so far and notice myself getting better and better with each trip to the range.

Combine that with a lot of dry firing and my groups are getting tighter and more consistent.

I love it.

MKIII is a nice gun. the only thing I'll do with it is drop a trigger job in it.
the little Beretta .22 at the bottom is suprisingly accurate too, for a plinker.

I have a G30 with Crimson trace. The laser makes it just a little too large for my hand to wrap comfortably...with it off, it's a perfect fit.

Best of luck!
Joe

Unless you've been shooting for a while a subcompact gun is not typically a good choice for a first gun. They are much harder to shoot and much less accurate. If you plan on doing a lot of shooting you should really pick up a full size gun. The Glock 30 is a great gun but not so much for a beginner.

Pete

I couldn't disagree more. My Glock 26 is just as accurate as my Glock 19... or any of my full size pistols. And I shoot it just as easily.

I think it all depends on on the shooter. Some are fine with subcompacts... some may find it harder to get used to.

I've had a Glock 30 in the past and it was VERY accurate. Just as accurate as my full size pistols.

YMMV [grin]

I couldn't disagree more. My Glock 26 is just as accurate as my Glock 19... or any of my full size pistols. And I shoot it just as easily.

I think it all depends on on the shooter. Some are fine with subcompacts... some may find it harder to get used to.

I've had a Glock 30 in the past and it was VERY accurate. Just as accurate as my full size pistols.

YMMV [grin]

You're 100% wrong. A full size gun is more accurate than a subcompact for many reasons. The longer barrel in the full size allows the bullet to stablize more than in a short barrel. Plus, the longer sight radius is easier for your eyes to pick up on. Plus, having the smaller light weight gun the gun won't absorb the recoil as much as a full size causing more issues to happen. Look at any research anywhere and you will find that you are wrong. If you're shooting better with the compact good for you but the gun isn't as easy to shoot as a full size. I carry subcompact guns myself but can shoot my full size guns MUCH better for the above stated reasons.

You're 100% wrong. A full size gun is more accurate than a subcompact for many reasons. The longer barrel in the full size allows the bullet to stablize more than in a short barrel. Plus, the longer sight radius is easier for your eyes to pick up on. Plus, having the smaller light weight gun the gun won't absorb the recoil as much as a full size causing more issues to happen. Look at any research anywhere and you will find that you are wrong. If you're shooting better with the compact good for you but the gun isn't as easy to shoot as a full size. I carry subcompact guns myself but can shoot my full size guns MUCH better for the above stated reasons.

Someone with small hands might prefer a compact and shoot it better than a full size pistol.

In general I wouldn't recommend a .45 for a first pistol because some people develop a flinch, but to each their own.

Nice pistol either way! What camera did you use for the photos Vic? purty pictures

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom