• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Caspain build is Finally done!!!

I had posted a photo or two before and it is back from hard chrome. It was a blast, but I think my days of semi-custom build are done for financial reasons is was very expensive. I really think this build is exactly what I was looking for and right now cannot think of anything I would have changed or done differently.

The gunsmith work done exceeded all my expectation by Gans Enterprises in Farmington, PA. Gary was very professional and was more that helpful in answering all my questions and working out any ideas we had about this project. Even taking the time to go back and forth with sketches.

Finish work ( Hard Chrome) was done by Accurate Plating & Weaponry. Robert and Dana were very helpful and turnaround time was quicker than they quoted. I mistakenly sent the wrong slide stop and it was hard chromed and once I realized my mistake I called them and sent the correct one out. I had confessed my mistake and they still hard chromed it and sent it back to me at no charge. A class operation to say the least.

I highly recommend both of the companies that worked on my new prized possession. Anyone who is thinking of having work done from just routine to a total custom; give these guys a call. The may not be the cheapest but they will not be the most expensive and they do super work. I cannot say enough good things about them.

For those who may want to contact them here are the links are found below:

caspside.jpg

caspfront.jpg

casprear-1.jpg

casptop.jpg

Parts List:​
• Caspian Receiver.
• Caspian / Foster Industries Slide (Carbon, Ext Extractor, Novak Front & Rear Slide Cuts, Serrated Flat Top, no slide serrations, Recon Radius).
• Kart National Match Barrel.
• Cylinder & Slide 4.5 Match Trigger Kit.
• Ed Brown Tactical Extended Thumb Safety.
• Ed Brown Grip Screws.
• Ed Brown Slide Release.
• Ed Brown Auto Rebuild Kit.
• Ed Brown Memory Grove Beavertail Grip Safety.
• Ed Brown Hardcore Extractor.
• Chip McCormick Firing Pin & Strut.
• Kart National Match Bushing.
• Nighthawk Custom Link Pins.
• Wilson Combat Spring Kit.
• Wilson Combat Tactical Rear Night Sight.
• MMC Front Night Sight.
• Ed Brown Oversized Magazine Release.
• STI Match Trigger.
• Wilson Combat Full Length Guide Rod and Plug.
• Grips are a Burl from Sarge's,

http://www.gansguns.com
http://www.apwcogan.com
http://shop.thefinergrain.com

Thanks for looking and reading

I do take it out once in a while, the trigger is super and it shoots as good as it looks. I had it built to be able to hand down to my son (he's only 5 now) I want to keep as good as I can for him. But it does and will continue to get shot once in a while.
Bruce

Last edited:
That is gaudy. You would not want to be seen with that. I will do you a favor and take it off your hands no charge. LOL
Now to be more serious that is one beautiful pistol! Let us know how she shoots.

I'm really liking your setup. I have a Caspian Frame and Slide coming from the NES group buy and you've given me some ideas. I really like the porting you've had done. I may just have to copy that. If you don't mind of course! [wink]

That is badass. I can't tell... is the barrel ported as well? Or is the slide just lightened?

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I have shot it once and ran about 50 rounds through it. Shot great and I could not have asked for a better trigger pull.

The down side is that it seems to only like the Wilson Combat mags, Chip or Nighthawks do not feed as well, Wilson's seems to run just fine?

Rockrivr1, Go for it I can tell you Gans has a ton of options for work done.

Hanwei, no the I did not port the barrel just did the slide lightening. I bought a Wilson spring kit that has (I think) 5-6 different weight springs so I can play with them and see how I can tune the spring weight with the lightened slide.

Hamar, no this is just to shoot occasional and then had done to my son, he is 5 and has already help me clean our gun after the first range session with it.

Back
Top Bottom