MSNBC just had this in their LOCAL section

"According to federal data, purchases of firearms and ammunition have risen nearly 10 percent this year."

That is about as inaccurate of an understatement as I've heard in my life.

Multiply that by 5 and you'd have a far more accurate picture of things.

"According to federal data, purchases of firearms and ammunition have risen nearly 10 percent this year."

That is about as inaccurate of an understatement as I've heard in my life.

Multiply that by 5 and you'd have a far more accurate picture of things.

I think they are talking the year as a whole. If you look at the last month and a half it probably has been 500%. But prior to close to Nov 4th, people were in "it's a recession, I need to save money or spend it elsewhere' On/after Nov 4th people were like, "Oh s41t, need defensive tools!"

I spoke to a local dealer about this recently. His take on it was that outside of 495 he has not been seeing a signifigant increase in sales in this (ctrl mass) area.

But, he is getting reports that those w/in the 128 belt ARE seeing a huge increase in sales. And corrospondingly, he is hearing a large demand by residents for LTCs (new ltcs). He attributes much of the spike due to new LTC holder making first time purchases..

To what degree are people overreacting with the gun buying craze? Let's assume that Obama does intend to be tougher on guns. Even if that is true, he is inheriting such a shit storm when he first takes office, does anybody really think that gun control is going to be a top priority?

Consider Iraq, Afganistan, India/Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, and any other number of hot spot conflict areas... consider the economy, bail-outs, recession/depression... the list goes on and on. Can gun control really be something he moves on quickly and aggressively?

Didn't gun sales boom pre Clinton? Pre y2k? post 9/11?

fear drives sales; and opportunity

if an AWB goes through all those "now-pre-ban" rifles will skyrocket in price.

I was in Woburn at FSG and the shop was packed to the walls. I was there to pick up a pistol for my wife and when i bought it a guy offered me double for it saying he couldnt find one. I told him to order one, mine came in a week...

guy was desparate.

I got a little caught up since i ALWAYS wanted a Mini14 and a guy was trading one in for an M4 ("Wont be able to get one of them soon" he told me), i got it for a steal...

To what degree are people overreacting with the gun buying craze? Let's assume that Obama does intend to be tougher on guns. Even if that is true, he is inheriting such a shit storm when he first takes office, does anybody really think that gun control is going to be a top priority?
Consider Iraq, Afganistan, India/Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, and any other number of hot spot conflict areas... consider the economy, bail-outs, recession/depression... the list goes on and on. Can gun control really be something he moves on quickly and aggressively?

Didn't gun sales boom pre Clinton? Pre y2k? post 9/11?

He's got enough flunkies in congress to do all the necessary leg work for him on new laws and bans, all he has to do is sign them........and yes I think it will be on the top priority list of things. He and his cronies are rabidly anti gun and I think they'll fast track every piece of legislation that comes about.

He's got enough flunkies in congress to do all the necessary leg work for him on new laws and bans, all he has to do is sign them........and yes I think it will be on the top priority list of things. He and his cronies are rabidly anti gun and I think they'll fast track every piece of legislation that comes about.

He doesn't have any flunkies in Congress and Nancy Pelosi has told him that he's not going to. She knows that ala Bill Clinton he will try to triangulate against Congress and the Senate so that he looks good. Nor does she have enough votes to push things through, even with a substantial majority. There are a lot of Blue Dog Democrats in Congress who ran as conservatives and ran pro gun so that they could beat their RINO opponents. Plus there are enough who remember what happened in 1994 that gun control is going to be a tough sell. Not to mention that Bill Clinton has said several times that gun control is what cost Al Bore the election in 2000.

I think it's there, but it's not as high as some people think.

You are absolutely correct, he will use others to get this item passed quickly.

I have a request:

GUN DEALERS!!! PLEASE STOP BOASTING ABOUT THE INCREASE IN SALES

this is exactly what the media and liberals feed off of to create fear and to garner support to ban guns

Why do you think every week there has been at least one story where they mention guns?

This should be kept quiet. let us buy our guns and ammo without our shops selling us out. If the media wants stats they can go to the state and request numbers of FA-10s filed or to the ATF for a stat on the number of 4473s files.

Freely boasting about your sales to the media is doing nobody any good and will only mean more ammo for the libtards.

If the media asks simply say our sales are the same as last year with no discenable increase after the election.

Gun Bubble

"Perception and Psychology are what drive Manias", It is the same drivel that drove up housing prices, 9 months from now you'll be able to buy these guns from these guys for pennies on the dollar so they can feed their families

fear drives sales; and opportunity

if an AWB goes through all those "now-pre-ban" rifles will skyrocket in price.

I was in Woburn at FSG and the shop was packed to the walls. I was there to pick up a pistol for my wife and when i bought it a guy offered me double for it saying he couldnt find one. I told him to order one, mine came in a week...

guy was desparate.

I got a little caught up since i ALWAYS wanted a Mini14 and a guy was trading one in for an M4 ("Wont be able to get one of them soon" he told me), i got it for a steal...

I have a request:

GUN DEALERS!!! PLEASE STOP BOASTING ABOUT THE INCREASE IN SALES

this is exactly what the media and liberals feed off of to create fear and to garner support to ban guns

Boasting about the increase in sales increases panic and further increases sales.

He doesn't have any flunkies in Congress and Nancy Pelosi has told him that he's not going to. She knows that ala Bill Clinton he will try to triangulate against Congress and the Senate so that he looks good. Nor does she have enough votes to push things through, even with a substantial majority. There are a lot of Blue Dog Democrats in Congress who ran as conservatives and ran pro gun so that they could beat their RINO opponents. Plus there are enough who remember what happened in 1994 that gun control is going to be a tough sell. Not to mention that Bill Clinton has said several times that gun control is what cost Al Bore the election in 2000.

I think it's there, but it's not as high as some people think.

We'll see.

I say within the first six to eight months or less of him taking office there will be major changes in the gun laws on the federal level.

Obama Paranoia

We'll see.

I say within the first six to eight months or less of him taking office there will be major changes in the gun laws on the federal level.

I'll wager against that. This guy is going to have his hands full addressing a potential depression coupled with major developing foreign conflicts. He ain't gonna' have time to be thinkin' bout' takin' Bubba's guns.....

Like the man said, He's got plenty of minions.

They can and will do it quick and sneaky too - like tacking a new AWB onto an economic "recovery" package.

Like the man said, He's got plenty of minions.

They can and will do it quick and sneaky too - like tacking a new AWB onto an economic "recovery" package.

Correct: Easiest way to enact an AWB is to not discuss the bill. All they need to do is poison pill a "It's for our Children, and their Children, and future Children Bail Out Spectacular", and it is in. The only hope is that there are enough Democrats who are pro-gun who would stop this.

Lastly, to the person who thinks people will be selling their "stash" for pennies on the dollar: It is nearly inevitable that an AWB will be instituted within the first year this Democrat Neanderthal, Manchurian Candidate takes office. To say that in the entire history of the Constitution of the United States, that we are truly NOT facing the worst of ALL possible scenarios is foolhardy at best. The First Amendment will be squashed with the Fairness Doctrine: What makes you think the Second is not far away with an AWB? To not believe this is a REAL and PRESENT possibility is to be completely delusional and blind to prior history.

Furthermore, he who has the stash will be able to protect their family from the Government when the time comes for forced labor in the DNC/Obama Boot Camps disguised as "Public Service Projects". Please, the time is growing short where the Constitution will be deemed "out of date with modern society", brushed off as being "written by a bunch of dead old racists white guys."

If you think this cannot happen, then you must have been asleep when Obama, the one we all have been waiting for, was elected. He has the mandate, and the muscle to do his will on the people and that is exactly what we are going to get: 4 years of pure hell. And the media will fawn all over him as the messiah, who can do no wrong, and how he is doing Gods work to save the planet.

Time is running out folks for liberty...and justice...and freedoms for all. Buy now, buy many, and be prepared for the worst in case the inevitable occurs. And it will.

commodore-perry_m.jpg

Well, I'm glad you're optimistic.

An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be.

The man who is a pessimist before forty-eight knows too much; if he is an optimist after it he knows too little. ~Mark Twain

In the long run the pessimist may be proved right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip. ~Daniel Reardon

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

[smile]

I am always optimistic!

I'll wager against that. This guy is going to have his hands full addressing a potential depression coupled with major developing foreign conflicts. He ain't gonna' have time to be thinkin' bout' takin' Bubba's guns.....

Just remember the first step to controlling the masses is disarming them as best you can. Not that I think President Elect Obama will start genocide but Hitler disarmed his people before moving forward with his radical ideas. An unarmed people are at the will of the government. So you can bet your bottom dollar it will be top priority.

Just remember the first step to controlling the masses is disarming them as best you can. Not that I think President Elect Obama will start genocide but Hitler disarmed his people before moving forward with his radical ideas. An unarmed people are at the will of the government. So you can bet your bottom dollar it will be top priority.

Hey!!! There's someone who hasn't forgotten his history!

+1

Back
Top Bottom