Moving to Worcester Class A LTC ALP Possible?

I currently possess an LTC Class A ALP with no restrictions issued from Leicester. I am moving to Worcester at the end of this month. What are the chances of me getting my LTC Class A ALP renewed with no restrictions? My LTC does not expire until 2013 so I hope some new legislature is passed by then...

If legislation like you need was put in motion TOMORROW, it might go into effect by 2013.
Seriously, don't get your hopes up. I would recommend against spending any big money on anything that can't be possessed with an LTC-B.
As for your question:
What are the chances of me getting my LTC Class A ALP renewed with no restrictions?
Without a drastic change in Worcester, [STRIKE]slim to none[/STRIKE] impossible.

WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING????

Just move to a town within commuting distance. Don't subject yourself to the tyranny that in Worchester!!! (sp intented [wink])

I could live in the surrounding towns. However I have found a home that I liked in a decent part of Worcester. I do not plan on living here forever but at least for the next 5 years or so. How can it be legal for them to make me a criminal basically instantly by knocking me down to a class B. That just does not seem to make any sense.

I am in worcester, I will be renewing my Class A ALP next April, form what I have heard and read we are SOL trying trying to get a ALP most likley we will get a Class A with a restriction like "sport and target." I hope that this is the case because a class B would really suck!!

There is a house for rent in Boylston, 10 min away..... no connection with it, but I drive by it on the way to school..... I can post the number if you're interested.

I could live in the surrounding towns. However I have found a home that I liked in a decent part of Worcester. I do not plan on living here forever but at least for the next 5 years or so. How can it be legal for them to make me a criminal basically instantly by knocking me down to a class B. That just does not seem to make any sense.

It's doesn't make sense, however Gemme is a power hungry, constitutional cock blocking, dick head. Move to Holden instead.

Because you don't understand the system. You are not going to be made "a criminal basically instantly by knocking [you] down to a class B." Your license will remain whatever it is until:

1. The authority which issued it says otherwise; or

2. You have to renew in Gemmeville,

whichever comes first.

It is unlikely you will be dropped to a "B." It is more likely you will get a restricted "A" or be denied outright, based upon whatever Gemme's minions can dig up from your past.

It is legal, because LTCs are "may issue", as opposed to FIDs, which are "shall issue". Gemme could easily tell you that you are getting a "B" and to be happy that he didn't deny you outright and force you to spend thousands on court costs, attorney fees, lost time from work, etc. to contest such a denial. Also, remember that your auto insurance company is also going to take a larger bite out of your wallet. You moved from a quiet town to a crime-ridden city. Expect a large increase in your insurance premiums.

Honestly why would anyone with an LTC A ALP move from a green city to one they know will probably slap they with a restriction. It doesn't make any sense. Sure the house is nice but I'm sure there are alot of nice houses in the area. Not to mention like others have said there are alot of surrounding towns that are green and more gun friendly.

Unless you have no other option but to move to Worcester maybe you should seriously take step back and reconsider. Like u said they may change in 5 years when you have to renew but things with you may change as well. You only plan on living there 5 years but you may end up being there a lot longer.

Stay the hell out of Worcester. It is easily in the top 5 worst anti gun issuing authorities in the entire state. You probably will not be demoted to a B, but expect to be downgraded to a restricted A only after being run around for several months. Expect them to sit on your app when you renew, etc. Reports of MONTHS of processing time for renewals or apps are fairly common there.

-Mike

If legislation like you need was put in motion TOMORROW, it might go into effect by 2013.
Seriously, don't get your hopes up. I would recommend against spending any big money on anything that can't be possessed with an LTC-B.
As for your question:

Without a drastic change in Worcester, [STRIKE]slim to none[/STRIKE] impossible.

I'd be rip-$hit if I got an A restricted, or even worse a B after 6 years with ALP without issue.

as would anyone, but is there anything pointing to the fact he will get downgraded to B? A town that issues LTC-A first time I have a hard time believing will issue LTC-B on renewal....

Have there been any posts here of people being downgraded to LTC-B upon renewal in Worcester? I ahvent seen one here from what I can remember. I think you will either get a "Target and Hunting" type of restriction, or is you are supremely lucky, get a "Personal Protection" restriction.

I would bank on the restricted A.

I moved to Worcester in 2001 I have renewed Class A twice. Once I went from Hunting and Target to ALP. Then I went to Personal Protection because they do not issue ALP any more. They asked for two letters of recomendation with letterhead for the first renewal but my second one I just needed my application. I did have wait too long (90 days) for the second.

Millbury, West Boylston, or Shrewsbury, pick one.... Personally i hate holden, but that could also be an option.

My car insurance doubled when i moved out of my parents house in Holden into Worcester. I was issued a restricted class A-LTC in Worcester for my very first LTC, so i don't see them giving you a B for a renewal.

I wouldn't move here if you CCW. I wish i had gotten into firearms before i bought my house. No way in hell i'd move into worcester if i already had a LTC.

Back
Top Bottom