Mounted flashlight for a handun question

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I've been considering getting one of those flashlights that mount to the rail of your handgun for my HK USPc. I'm thinking of making my HK the handgun I use for home defense and keep it in my bedroom at night. I've been looking at a few at places like MidwayUSA, Cheaper Than Dirt etc' and there are a wide spread in the price range. Plus they almost all say they fit on a Glock style and other handgun rail. I'm assuming that means it will fit on my HK as well.

I don't want to spend $200+ for one, but then again I'm leary going with a $50 one either.

Does anyone have one mounted on their handgun? What did you choose? Anyone have one on a USPc? Is there anything I should watch out for?

Thanks for the help

Too bad you don't have a Glock. I picked up a used 1st gen Glock Tactical Light for $50 shipped from OMBExpress. You could always pick up a good small sized SureFire or Streamlight flashlight and keep it on your bedstand.

You'll want to try one on for size and ensure it is accessible from and works with your trigger guard, but most should be ok.

The Insight X2 (which is rebranded a couple of other ways, including as Springfield's XML light) is a good, small, reliable light meant for compact pistols. About $100, give or take a little. I like mine a lot - I've even used it on a 12ga!

Plus they almost all say they fit on a Glock style and other handgun rail. I'm assuming that means it will fit on my HK as well.

Nope, won't fit, at least not without a crappy adapter of
some kind.

You can get HK USP/USPc specific lights but they are expensive.

I got lucky and I scored a UTL for my USP .40 for like $100.

Also note that the USP and USPc don't take the same lights, I
don't believe.... at least my UTL doesn't fit on my USPc's.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom