• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mountain Rifleman Course

I cant find any reviews across the interwebs by folks who have taken this course. It looks like a great shooting venue but cant find any AAR's to get a general overview of what, specifically, is taught and the course of fire.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hi there,

The course is designed for those that have a pretty good idea on how to run their precision rifle, but want to move past the flat range. (We have had the Army mountain warfare sniper instructors take this class.) You will be challenged in this course. We deep dive: cross-compartment wind (using smoke and parachute flares to truly show you how air moves in the mountains), tripod use on angled terrain, high angle firing solutions, LRF employment, and many other subjects. We shoot from 100-1200y and have hundreds of steel targets. The end of day two is a round-robin format where you move from various field firing positions and locate/range/engage numerous targets from different positions. Feel free to DM me with further questions.

Mtn Marksman 1 Web-266.jpg

Hi there,

The course is designed for those that have a pretty good idea on how to run their precision rifle, but want to move past the flat range. (We have had the Army mountain warfare sniper instructors take this class.) You will be challenged in this course. We deep dive: cross-compartment wind (using smoke and parachute flares to truly show you how air moves in the mountains), tripod use on angled terrain, high angle firing solutions, LRF employment, and many other subjects. We shoot from 100-1200y and have hundreds of steel targets. The end of day two is a round-robin format where you move from various field firing positions and locate/range/engage numerous targets from different positions. Feel free to DM me with further questions.

View attachment 724912
Thank you kindly, Jay P.

Scheduling vacation time this week so expect to take this course.

Back
Top Bottom