• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More Handgun Photos Using The Lightbox! Warning... LOTS of photos.

Hanwei

NES Member
Now, many of these guns were lost in a deep sea boating accident. I do miss them dearly. A couple are new acquisitions... but I'm sure I'll lose them too in another boating accident... [sad2]

[wink]

I just got my Colt 1991A1 Officers .45 back from Mike at LaRocca Gunworks! Turn around was a LONG time... but it was worth it... only because what I got back was EXACTLY what I wanted [rockon]

I had a 1991A1 Officers last year (bought from StonyPete)... LOVED it... but when I shot it... the slim grip safety would bite into the web of my hand... so it became a gun that I just couldn't shoot. [thinking] So when I needed cash to pay some bills... I passed the Colt on to another NESer who I know is enjoying it [grin]

But it always bugged me because I loved that 1991A1 Officers. So when I found another one for a GREAT price... I snagged it... and sent it to LaRocca and had it done up perfect for me [grin]

I kept it simple:

Wilson Beavertail Grip Safety
Short National Match Trigger
Evolution Gun Works Officers Melt Bushing
Evolution Gun Works Officers Spring and Guide Rod Kit
VZ Gator Grips in Green/Black Micarta

Mike LaRocca is great!

Before:

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

After:

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4393.jpg

Oh... and not only can I shoot it without bleeding... It just happens to be pretty accurate [mg]

IMG_4410.jpg

Next: I stumbled upon this LNIB Glock 19C! Love it. Love it.

IMG_4310.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

And while I was taking photos of the Colt and Glock... I figured I'd just keep going... I need to keep playing with lighting and bouncing (the light [wink]) though.

Glock 26

IMG_4115.jpg

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

S&W 19-2

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

HK USP Compact 9mm

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

Kimber Elite Carry

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

S&W 60 - The next photo is my favorite of them all. I LOVE how it came out.

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4276.jpg

Sig 229R 9mm

IMG_4217_2.jpg

IMG_4221_2.jpg

IMG_4223_2.jpg

S&W 64-3

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4289.jpg

Glock 34

IMG_4226_3.jpg

S&W 34-1

IMG_4298.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

Gorgeous. Is the 64-3 .357 or .38 special? Either way I'm in love.

.38 Special [grin]

Great pictures Hanwei. I love the compact autos. Is there one that you favor for CCW, or do they all get their turn?

The G26 is my CCW. Awesome gun.

Quite a scrapbook, Hanwei!! You are obviously "in love" !![wink] Thank you for posting...very nice pics!!

You should be in advertising! Great photos, Hanwei.

Regards,

Bob

Nice shots....Great collection!

Thanks guys [grin]

Hanwei, nice job.

If you ever feel the need to trade that 19-2 for something else S&W, let me know.

I love the LaRocca Colt's Officers too. Looks like my idea of an almost perfect carry auto.

Bill

Hanwei, nice job.

If you ever feel the need to trade that 19-2 for something else S&W, let me know.

Hehe... I believe I'll be keeping that one. It's in 99% condition... and the Fuzzy Farrant grips are worth a pretty penny alone. (but I'm sure you already knew that!)

........ but who knows... I'll keep you in mind [wink]

I love the LaRocca Colt's Officers too. Looks like my idea of an almost perfect carry auto.

Bill

Exactly. Unfortunately, my body sweat is pretty rust inducing... so... I won't be carrying the Officers ever unless it's an OWB setup. 99% of the time it's Glock for me.

Hehe... I believe I'll be keeping that one. It's in 99% condition... and the Fuzzy Farrant grips are worth a pretty penny alone. (but I'm sure you already knew that!)

........ but who knows... I'll keep you in mind [wink]

Actually, the first thing I would have done is taken those grips off. I have some favorites of my own. I've heard of Fuzzy Farrant, but didn't know those were that make. With my small hands I need a close to custom grip on a combat revolver.

As for the body sweat, I have a ColtGuard Mustang that over the years I've eaten through the finish. I'm thinking about having it re-done with Robar 3 or some other Teflon finish, because it's a great little hide out gun when needed.

Okay. I am gonna have to get a light box. Damn you Hanwei!

Do it! I can't wait to see your shots [grin]

Actually, the first thing I would have done is taken those grips off.

Crap... you're right. (now I have an excuse to get new grips!)

As for the body sweat, I have a ColtGuard Mustang that over the years I've eaten through the finish. I'm thinking about having it re-done with Robar 3 or some other Teflon finish, because it's a great little hide out gun when needed.

I think if I were to ever refinish a carry gun of mine... (that wasn't a glock)... I'd refinish it using Melonite (same as Glock's Tenifer). No Rust. Ever. And as I understand it, it's a process that hardens and protects ALL of the metal... not just the surfaces. So even if the finish wore off on the surface... the melonite will still protect the metal from rust.

Nice! What are the grips on the Model 60?

Those are Eagle Secret Service grips on the 60. They are SUPER comfortable and great quality.

I think you missed your calling.

[sad2] I take on photography gigs on the side here and there (weddings, live events, etc)... but man, it's hard to make a living at it. If I could make photography my only job, I'd do it in a HEARTBEAT... and be one of those guys that says "I do what I love for a living"! [grin]

It's a real shame so many have been lost at sea...[crying]...let's hope the few that remain don't experience the same fate [thinking]

You're right...the S&W 60 first photo looks like the gun is floating...beautiful guns and awesome photography! [rockon]

Last edited:
Hanwei, I did it as a pro for almost 40 years. It's a great career. You never know what you will be doing next.

the only thing that separates you from a pro is the paycheck.

Most pros are paid because in a commercial shoot, the cost of preparing an add and a shoot are so high they can't afford to screw up.

Professionals get paid for their reliability first, their creativity second, with rare exception.

Hanwei, I did it as a pro for almost 40 years. It's a great career. You never know what you will be doing next.

Most pros are paid because in a commercial shoot, the cost of preparing an add and a shoot are so high they can't afford to screw up.

Professionals get paid for their reliability first, their creativity second, with rare exception.

PM incoming [grin]

I have a couple of friends that give me wedding gigs occasionally when they're overbooked. This is pretty spot on.

I love photography which is a big reason I wouldn't want it as a full time job.

Back
Top Bottom