• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Minor Sig 229 issue

Shot about 200 rounds of .40 through my Sig 229 yesterday and had a few "fail to feeds". A few rounds got hung up on the feed ramp and jammed the slide before it returned. I was using Magtech 180gr FMJ and noticed that the nose of the bullet is flattened. The 12 rounds of hollow point Federal that I shot operated without problem. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know of different shapes/varieties of .40 that work better in the 229? BTW, my Glock 22 happily ate the remainder of the .40 after the Sig started to object... Hmmm...

Regards,
Chris

Chris I also have a Sig 229 .40- it's a fine gun. I have 3400 rounds through mine now. Ironically I had one failure to go completely into battery (slide needed a 1/4" push) at about 1000 rounds. I was using Independence which I think it the same ammo as Magtech. I had similar problems with my 245. I've since stopped using that ammo.

FWIW I think most .40 is flat nosed.

Back
Top Bottom