Midway Chip McCormick mags on sale

I thought they were pretty good too until I got some 10 rounders that don't feed 100%. No problems with the standards though.

I'm not familiar with the ten round mags, I have only been using the eight round mags which have worked 100% for me.

Thanks for the heads-up, bought 4 of them. The $10 off $50 code doesn't work on sale items unfortunately, but if you were buying other goodies at the same time you could essentially get a free mag along with it.

Last edited:
I have a pair of 10 round McCormick "Power Mags" in stainless. My EDC is a Para 1911 and I've shot Bullseye factory reloads, Federal, Winchester, Blazer, Aguila, and a couple different kinds of JHP ammo through them. From slow aimed fire to 2+1 (chest-chest-head) to 10 round dumps over at least 500 rounds they've been flawless since day one.

I did have ONE issue where the gun didn't go fully into battery with a fresh mag, but I think that was after 100+ rounds, half of which were lead-nose so the gun was kinda filthy.

Midway has Chip McCormick mags on sale
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/15...-_-full_chipmccormick_20140419_1-_-Main_Image
There is also a 10 dollars off a 50 dollar order at retail me not.
Blued mags are 10 bucks, stainless are 12

Rep inbound, worthwhile deal.

CMC makes some of the best mags on the market.

I'm not familiar with the ten round mags, I have only been using the eight round mags which have worked 100% for me.

Thanks for the heads-up, bought 4 of them. The $10 off $50 code doesn't work on sale items unfortunately, but if you were buying other goodies at the same time you could essentially get a free mag along with it.

I have a pair of 10 round McCormick "Power Mags" in stainless. My EDC is a Para 1911 and I've shot Bullseye factory reloads, Federal, Winchester, Blazer, Aguila, and a couple different kinds of JHP ammo through them. From slow aimed fire to 2+1 (chest-chest-head) to 10 round dumps over at least 500 rounds they've been flawless since day one.

I did have ONE issue where the gun didn't go fully into battery with a fresh mag, but I think that was after 100+ rounds, half of which were lead-nose so the gun was kinda filthy.

I swear to god, those screws came with the shooting star mags base are impossible to put on. I am so afraid to ruin the mags. Somebody give me some hints how to put it on.

Same here. I have two of the 8rnd stainless ones and they fail to lock the slide back on the last round once in a blue moon but other than that they work.

Have had problems with these mags at times, they seem to run a little fat and interfere with the trigger resetting in my "tighter" match 1911's.

I swear to god, those screws came with the shooting star mags base are impossible to put on. I am so afraid to ruin the mags. Somebody give me some hints how to put it on.

Chase the threads with a tap.

Back
Top Bottom