• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Middleweight 1911 Fighter

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
A custom build 1911 middleweight . Caspian aluminum frame in officers size with a steel feed ramp. The slide is a full sized Government. Fit with a Kart barrel, Novak sights and bar stock internals. The finish is IonBond with two matching Nighthawk mags.

CjcvhB9.jpg

BJ1t0Em.jpg

zbYUD41.jpg

Last edited:
That is sweet.

Was the front strap checkered from Caspian or did you do it?

Also, what are your thoughts on the aluminum frames and how they compare to the steel ones?

Last edited:
That is sweet.

Was the front strap checkered from Caspian or did you do it?

Also, what are your thoughts on the aluminum frames and how they compare to the steel ones?

Since its aluminum, went with the Caspian checkering. Aluminum is fine, Colt has been building aluminum frames since 1949. Not a gun I would but high round counts on, but a great carry weight. I've been making myself one for a few year- if I ever get free time.

Since its aluminum, went with the Caspian checkering. Aluminum is fine, Colt has been building aluminum frames since 1949. Not a gun I would but high round counts on, but a great carry weight. I've been making myself one for a few year- if I ever get free time.

Yeah, looks about perfect for carry. I have always wanted to see results of side by side round counts of aluminum vs steel vs stainless frames. But then I have seen some aluminum SIGs with 100k rounds and then hear some people say they should be retired after 20k.

Unless I get divorced again I don't see having the time and money to put more than 1k rounds through any one gun in a year, so I doubt I will wear anything out.

Back
Top Bottom