• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Meet Earl - Tablet, GPS and radio

looks nice however i'm sure it's not EMP resistant which is one of the main features a lot of survivalist look forward too. other than that looks great and price at least as advertised does seem fair for what it is.

looks nice however i'm sure it's not EMP resistant which is one of the main features a lot of survivalist look forward too. other than that looks great and price at least as advertised does seem fair for what it is.

I think the issue of EMP is highly overblown; for power lines and other large antennas, yeah it's a big issue, but for a device that's about six inches wide, I don't think it's so much an issue. Also, the overvoltage protection on IC's has gotten a lot better over the years, it used to be you could look at a CMOS chip funny and it would blow out a transistor someplace. These days the pad protection circuits seem to be a lot more robust.

EMP is a long way down on my list of things to worry about for handheld consumer electronics.

Wrap it in tinfoil. Use the leftovers from your hat.

Back
Top Bottom