ME: Collins to Vote For Background Checks

Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) says she will vote in favor of a bipartisan compromise on expanding background checks on gun purchasers, according to a report.

Collins in an interview with NBC News called the measure crafted by Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) “reasonable” and said she had reviewed the actual language of the proposal.

The Maine senator, who is up for reelection in 2014, acknowledged that her support is “not a popular thing in my state.”
Collins told NBC that she would not have backed a proposal for universal background checks and believed the compromise rightly excluded gun transfers between family members.

Collins along with Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) are the only Republicans to publicly say they will vote in favor of the deal crafted by Toomey and Manchin.

>snip<

Collins also discussed speaking with families of victims of the Newtown shooting last week, a meeting which led her to be late for a White House dinner with President Obama and fellow GOP senators.

Report: Sen. Collins to vote for expanding background checks - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Get rid of this traitor. What's next Ayotte voting in favor of this 'very reasonable' legislation? Seems that all of these turncoats were the ones that had dinner at the WH. This is why they cannot be trusted and should be removed.

Last edited:
I don't understand Maine. I try, but it just makes my head hurt. Senators like this, yet governor trying to lure the gun manufacturers...

Back
Top Bottom