Mass AG instructing ATF to Deny SBR's

It has come to my attention that recently the Mass AG has wrote a letter to the ATF instructing them to deny SBR's and such. Within the last month people have been denied and it was accompanied with a letter stating that our AG told the ATF to deny the forms. Has anyone else ran into this situation? As far as I know GOAL and the NRA have been notified.

The person this happened to has resubmitted paperwork along with the MGL stating SBR's are legal. It has me nervous as well since I'm getting ready to submit a form 1 myself for an Arsenal SLR104ur

Heard about this months ago...then nothing. It's not new, but the lack of chatter made me think it was maybe just rumor or speculation,

I don't have anything physical to post to the forum as I did not personally receive the letter. I was however told of the situation directly from the horses mouth. I wouldn't be surprised with the BS the AG's office has pulled before.

Why would the BATFE take instructions from a state attorney general on a legal FEDERAL application for something that is legal to do under state and federal law?

I did. I was just reporting what happened to an individual and the letter he received to see if any other members have received the same.

Why would the BATFE take instructions from a state attorney general on a legal FEDERAL application for something that is legal to do under state and federal law?

They took the the instructions from the AG for the definition of "sawed off shotgun" in MA which ended up precluding all but factory SBSs in MA so they do go by the AGs enterpretation of the law.

I was told by a friend who has been in the business in MA for about 12 years that the Boston guys are mainly explosives guys, not gun guys. I wonder if they are a bit more "malleable" to the Queen (unt 8itch because of that.

I was told by a friend who has been in the business in MA for about 12 years that the Boston guys are mainly explosives guys, not gun guys. I wonder if they are a bit more "malleable" to the Queen (unt 8itch because of that.
You send your paperwork (or e-form) to NFA Branch in West Virginia, not to the field office in Boston.

I don't know if the NFA guys are different from the guys/gals who audit businesses and C&R FFLs, but the later seem to be relatively uneducated in their lack of knowledge about auditing C&Rs. Back a few years ago (searchable here) when they audited a handful of C&R FFLs (NES'rs) they pulled the following stuff out of their asses:

- Telling a C&R FFL that he must keep his personal collection separate from his C&R guns! Duh, "collector" means everything is a personal collection. Separation is only for Dealers/Mfrs!
- Showing up unannounced and DEMANDING that the Wife call the guy and have him appear NOW (leaving work) for the audit! C&R audits are to be scheduled at an agreeable time to both parties and can be at the home or BATFE office, C&R FFL's choice.
- Demanding to see each gun to compare to BB. The rules for C&Rs is that it is a paperwork audit only and does not require producing the guns . . . not sure the value of a paperwork only audit in this case, but that is what is written in the law/regs.

So for them to cow-tow to the witch's request/demand isn't a stretch! And I am aware that BATFE agents have worked with state agents regarding enforcement of MA's anti-gun laws.

You send your paperwork (or e-form) to NFA Branch in West Virginia, not to the field office in Boston.

And you don't think that the witch would send a demand letter to BATFE HQ and Boston Field Office telling them not to accept something that is perfectly legal?? Or that the Boston office doesn't communicate with the NFA branch in W. VA?

I won't believe it until I see an actual copy of the letter. This SBR denial stuff keeps coming up, and every time it turns out to be complete rumor. "I heard it from a guy who knows a guy at the gun shop"

Yup. I don't know what I was thinking. Actually, I do. I dealt with both the Boston office and WV on a SOT recently.

Has anyone noticed how much nicer the people in WV are since they moved their office years ago? Sweet as Pie. And some of the contractors they have working there now are very sharp. . . and they hustle.

It has come to my attention that recently the Mass AG has wrote a letter to the ATF instructing them to deny SBR's and such. Within the last month people have been denied and it was accompanied with a letter stating that our AG told the ATF to deny the forms. Has anyone else ran into this situation? As far as I know GOAL and the NRA have been notified.

Is there any real truth to this? ive always thought of it as an urban legend.

When I submitted my Form 1 I heard the same story....i got my stamp almost three years ago.

Back
Top Bottom