Maryland Man Shot and Killed by Police While Serving a Gun Violence Restraining Order

The only violence was on the part of the police! Gun violence restraining order!!! Wtf?! No due process. I hope this guys family sued the shit out of the PD.

If people who the police go to the wrong house and kill for no reason can't manage to sue, how likely do you think it is anything will happen to the jackboots here?

I can hear the statist refrain now...

"ERPO ERPO QUACK QUACK !!!! SEE DAT GUY WUZ DANGEROUSSSS!!!!"

Too bad nobody got shot until the confrontation was induced... by the police.

Also, even if we set the freedom hating, due process violating, ERPO BS aside for the moment, that's just brilliant police work there. If the person was supposedly "unstable" why wouldn't you just wait till his guard was down? Wait till he leaves the house, pull him over with some kind of a ruse and detain him and then serve the order? Then again statist thug type policy often takes little consideration for avoiding a serious altercation, so this isn't a surprise. (eg, like for example, the fact that no knock, middle of the night raids are still legal in a lot of the US is pretty telling. )

Reminds me of like when the feds wanted David Koresh but they could have easily scooped him up while he was running around jogging every
morning rather than setting a bunch of women and kids on fire.....

-Mike

The only violence was on the part of the police! Gun violence restraining order!!! Wtf?! No due process. I hope this guys family sued the shit out of the PD.

His family is the one who called in "the threat" and asked that he be disarmed. I can't imagine this is the result they were hoping for (but should have been able to predict).

Few good comments in the article:

commenter 1 said:
This time it was the person subject to this confiscation who was murdered. Sooner or later it will be the police officers themselves who will be killed. Then what? More calls for more confiscations leading to more deaths? Where will it end?

commenter 2 said:
Looks like that is the plan. Either kill off gun owners, or, when a POPO bites it, more restrictive regulation to kill more gun owners. Either way it is more people dying for no good reason, other than restricting out God given rights.

Why would the pols or your average liberal SJW GAF when only armed citizens and COPS are getting killed?

We just enforce the laws. o_O
image.php

The Judge Dredd scenario is getting closer to reality unfortunately. But I really liked the movie! The comics were excellent as well. They had a hella dark view of humanity, that is for sure, but they were very trenchant commentary!

It was filed by one pissy relative who had been squabbling with the guy .
Hope the bitch rots in hell, after her family disowns her and she dies alone and miserable.
The "Legal" version of swatting.

is it just me or does the article headline make it sound like the man who was shot was serving the RO. I think it could have been worded differently

See? He fought the cops. He was violent. He shouldn't have had guns. The cops saved HUNDREDS of innocent lives by confiscating his gun. He never would have gotten shot if he had simply complied. The caller who reported him is therefor a saint and should be recognized as such, and have streets and building, nay, schools and airports named in her honor. It's really quite simple... Comply or DIE.

Why can't people just mind their own business, especially when it comes to our Constitution? I hope that relative feels awesome about what she has done and the rest of her family disowns her.

Yeah, more local take here (in the NES thread named California bill to expand gun-takeaway law advances to governor's desk)

MD Red Flag law claims first victim.

Anne Arundel police say officers fatally shot armed man as they served protective order to remove guns from house

Baltimore Sun said:
She said her uncle “likes to speak his mind,” but she described him as harmless. She said one of her aunts requested the protective order to temporarily remove his guns.

“I’m just dumbfounded right now,” she said. “My uncle wouldn’t hurt anybody.”

[...]

Willis said the officers should have continued to negotiate with her uncle.

Hoo boy. Welcome to reality.

Last edited:
Reminds me of like when the feds wanted David Koresh but they could have easily scooped him up while he was running around jogging every
morning rather than setting a bunch of women and kids on fire.....

Glad I'm not the only one who was reminded of that. I was all ready to jump in and make that same observation. At least this time they didn't burn the relatives alive or shoot a mother holding her infant in the head. [rolleyes]

It's funny, I had to tell someone who should already know about Ruby Ridge the other day. She didn't believe me about Lon Horiuchi shooting Viki Weaver in the head while holding the child, or about how the FBI taunted them about it after. She does now that she looked it up herself.

Back
Top Bottom