Manville, October

Thanks Matt,

It was a fun match.

I guess on stage 4 it was best not to shoot the drop turner and it looks like stage 2 was faster to move up, instead of staying back, making long shots

Last edited:
I guess on stage 4 it was best not to shoot the drop turner and it looks like stage 2 was faster to move up, instead of staying back, making long shots

Yeah but it was still fun and good practice to stay back and shoot on 2 and to go for the drop turner on 4. At this point in the season (burning out) it just seems more interesting to go for stuff like that even though it won't win the match. I really like shooting the 20+ yard stuff and trying to catch movers. When a big match comes along that calls for you to do that stuff, you know what you can do.

I really like shooting the 20+ yard stuff and trying to catch movers. When a big match comes along that calls for you to do that stuff, you know what you can do.

So we could set up a 20 yard drop turner bonus target next month Steve, be interesting to see how many holes it has.

It was a great day for a match. And I shot the best classifier of my life to boot. Then I read in the rules that it may be discarded because it's more than 15% higher than my average. What a bummer! :(
I do well on the short stages that don't require any actual thinking. It's those longer ones that have multiple options where I crumble into a heap and fall to pieces.
-Cuz.

I do well on the short stages that don't require any actual thinking.---CUZ
I shot the same stage pretty well for myself, until I added a 13th shot (-10) on the last target which hit the target (-10) dropping my 55 points to 35 and dropping my high “B” score (I think) to a low “C” score.

I mean I had shot the required 12 rounds in a time to score a high “B” all I had to do was quit shooting. But for some reason I added a 3rd shot to the last of six targets. 2-2-2 reload 2-2-3, I guess it does take a little thinking like, “STOP”.

Respectfully,

jkelly

I shot the same stage pretty well for myself, until I added a 13th shot (-10) on the last target which hit the target (-10) dropping my 55 points to 35 and dropping my high “B” score (I think) to a low “C” score.

I mean I had shot the required 12 rounds in a time to score a high “B” all I had to do was quit shooting. But for some reason I added a 3rd shot to the last of six targets. 2-2-2 reload 2-2-3, I guess it does take a little thinking like, “STOP”.
Respectfully, jkelly

Ouch. That stuff keeps me up at night wondering what I was thinking when I fired that extra shot. Although, it's the steel plates at USPSA matches that drives me crazy. I shoot steel more often than USPSA so I know I can shoot it pretty well. Then, for some reason you throw up a few plates in the middle of a stage (thanks mooney) and I'm emptying magazines trying to knock down four measely plates. I was PISSED!!!

I really wish I could run a stage a 2nd time after I regain my composure. :)

It was definitely a fun match. Wouldn't of changed anything (but my performance of course).
-Cuz.

Back
Top Bottom