MANGE

Broc

NES Member
a friend called my girlfriends brother, and told him that he saw something on the news about coyotes having some kind of flesh disease or flesh eating disease, something about their fur. Something that humans could get and transmit easy.

I tried to get a hold of the guy, but i couldnt. I tried to search online, but i didnt find anything.

So, i guess they must have been talking about mange.

Did anyone hear anything?

did you see any animals this year with mange?

Mange is not a flesh eating disease, just a skin mite. Yes, animals get mange flareups when they are under stress (lack of food, water, etc;) because they can't fight off the mite fast enough. It is common to see in late winter early spring. Most animals have it, though their immune systems can keep the mites in check most of the time when they themselves are healthy.

Mange is not a flesh eating disease, just a skin mite. Yes, animals get mange flareups when they are under stress (lack of food, water, etc;) because they can't fight off the mite fast enough. It is common to see in late winter early spring. Most animals have it, though their immune systems can keep the mites in check most of the time when they themselves are healthy.

yes i know that, i also know you can treat it with some cream. all you get is a rash. But Mange is the only disease that came close to the description i got. I couldnt find anything online. Except for a case in California of some new disease.

i figured that dude is full of crap. He probably heard it from someone else. I just wanted to check and see if anyone heard anything

Sarcoptic mange, also called Scabies, is definitely communicable to humans.

I read about it a couple of years ago when it was discovered in some coyotes in the Metrowest MA area.

i have another question:

will any of the products they sell to keep ticks off you clothe work against the mange mites?

I don't really know.

That wiki article I linked shows that the active ingredient used to take care of these little buggers is Permethrin.

A check on that shows it in a variety of lice treatements, Raid flying insect killer, and Haartz 3-in-1 spray.

I don't really know.

That wiki article I linked shows that the active ingredient used to take care of these little buggers is Permethrin.

A check on that shows it in a variety of lice treatements, Raid flying insect killer, and Haartz 3-in-1 spray.

yes, there is a thread talking about Permethrin.

I never came across an animal with mange (except for a dog once), and while hunting, i never really thought about it. Even healthy looking animals could have the mites, but now that i'm thinking about it, i kinda want to take better care. i wouldnt want to get it, and then pass it to my girlfriend or someone.

yes i know that, i also know you can treat it with some cream. all you get is a rash. But Mange is the only disease that came close to the description i got. I couldnt find anything online. Except for a case in California of some new disease.

i figured that dude is full of crap. He probably heard it from someone else. I just wanted to check and see if anyone heard anything

Did you know if you rearrange the letters in your user name, "Broccoli Iglesias", you get "Biological Crises"?

Hmmmmmm

:)

Back
Top Bottom