Maine State 3 gun Championships... September 26th

Hey all,
Just an FYI.. we are having the Maine State 3 gun Championships at Hampden Rifle and Pistol this year. September 26th.

I will be posting more info on the HRPC web (www.hampdenrpc.com) and USPSA-ne site soon. The big catch is..
That this match will be limited to 40 shooters.
Yes ... 40. We do not have the staff at this time to make this thing happen quickly with more than 40 shooters. I realize for the Harvard folks, who see 80+ on a monthly match 40 seems like a drop in the bucket. However, we have limited staff up here and for a three gun, I know we can handle this # with the additional staffing requirements that we will need. If this takes off, next year we could open the doors to much higher numbers.

Preregistration is not required, but I would highly recommend it.
If you car pool, and you are #41... you are not going to shoot, but your friends in front of you will.

You can contact me here: [email protected] with where to send info as well as match application info. (I do not check this board often)

6 stages, including the 600 range * as well as 100/200 yard steel rifle stage, and a shoot house. It will be a mix of steel targets, IDPA / USPSA paper targets, and clays.

250 +/- round count with 1/2 a dozen slugs.

*600 yard range rules will apply. (3 sighters to get on paper, email me if you want more information about this..)

Pistol, rifle and shotgun will be used in a few of the stages, with several 2 gun stages as well.

Scoring will be 99% IMG scoring system, with the addition of the 600 yard stage.

Divisions:
HRPC HE-MAN (12 gauge shotgun (5 shell limit / iron sights), .45 (or larger) (8 rounds max / iron sights) .30 cal rifle (20 round limit / 1 optic)
Shooter must wear weighted backpack (on back) while shooting during all stages... Are you this tough?

Limited (Iron Sights on everything 140mm pistol mag length, 9 rounds in shotgun)

Tactical (Iron sights on pistol/shotgun, ONE optic on Rifle - 9 rounds in shotgun)

Open: (Just about anything goes)

Cost will be $40 to shoot it.
Come on up.. enjoy the fall colors and take part.

Had a great time at the Maine 3Gun match. It was very well run and the stages were a lot of fun.

Learned a lot at the match. first time running the saiga
1. 3Gun is a blast
2. Just because the manufacturer says the red dot will hold zero when removed doesn't make it so.
3. Modified choke on a saiga was to tight especially when the dot is no longer zero'd
4. no choke work great on the clays, but will not reliably take down a texas star even at close distance
5. saiga needs a magwell and the bolt reshaped for fast loading
6. It is quicker to dump the gun with the safety on, then to try to clear it and have a round jam in the action
7. Shoot all the targets, penalties add up fast when you miss them
8. Shooting 600 yards is fun
9. coat hangers are not the most secure method of attaching mag to your belt

Thanks to the guys in Maine for a fun match, definitely worth the drive

I'll post videos when the finish uploading

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Jay on the win in open and a big thank you to you and the crew that made this match possible. You guys did an outstanding job keeping the match running smoothly and the stages were awesome. Looking forward to the next one.

The mag clips didn't come in time. I had to use coat hanger, wasn't sure if they would stay on. plus with the open gun in a race holster, I figured it was best to hold on to as much as I could

The mag clips didn't come in time. I had to use coat hanger, wasn't sure if they would stay on. plus with the open gun in a race holster, I figured it was best to hold on to as much as I could

Sorry but that looked too funny to ignore- any port in a storm I guess. Looked like a fun time.

Glad to see you guys had a fun time. Multigun is a Blast! Now you see why folks gravitate to it so much, and are willing to travel for their fix.

Yeah, I'm hooked Dan. Looking forward to some of the shoots next season.

Jay B., are you guys going to post up the scores?

Yeah, I'm hooked Dan. Looking forward to some of the shoots next season.

Rob,
Right now, planned matches are Blue Ridge (hopefully with no tornados this time) and Rocky Mountain 3 Gun, anything in Topton if I can make it, and West Point if they have a match.

Rocky Mountain sounds incredible from what you were saying. I'm going to do my best to make it.

Rob, look on Youtube, Rocky Mountain 3 Gun 2010. There is some awesome stages in beautiful terrain. Delia Neal took pretty good video, of the top guns.

Guys,
Thanks for coming up to the match.
I hope we can pull a few more next year.

Rob, another you might want to check out is the Superstition 3 gun. It has quite a few bay stages, but great props. Not on the same physical league as Rock MT. as well as what Blue Ridge is turning into.

Great work on 600 btw.. using the "holdover" technique to boot. [grin]

Thanks for the info Jay. I'm really looking forward to next season. Hopefully I will get a chance to shoot some of these matches. from what I have seen on youtube so far.....just incredible.

I owe that stage to a bit of luck and some talented spotting by the RO. He had me dialed right in by the third sighter. I was watching Mike shoot that stage after me through the spotting scope, and that RO had some talent, I couldn't see the shots on target, but the vapor trail coming off the round was amazing, never seen that before. But he knew exactly where the rounds were going. Very impresive, I would have liked to see what he could have done out at that distance.

Thank you again for a great match.

Back
Top Bottom