Maine LTC and Handgun Safety Training Certificate

Sparky480

NES Member
I need some help, in 1989 I held my LTC in the State of Massachusetts, Maine and New Hampshire, I still kept up my license in Massachusetts and New Hampshire and gave up my Maine license in the late 90’s. But now my Cousin purchased land in Maine and I was thinking I would like to get my license again in the state of Maine so I filled out all the paper work that was required for LTC in the state of Maine thinking I was all set. I did summit documentation that I successful complete the course in the safe handling of a firearms approved by the commonwealth of Massachusetts dated November of 1982 and copies of my Massachusetts and New Hampshire LTC license but they required that I provide a copy of a Handgun Safety Training Certificate that shows training taken within the last 5 years. I did call the Maine State police and explained I’m 46 years old held my Massachusetts license and New Hampshire from 1989 to current and once held Maine license but gave it up. He was very nice and said the laws of Maine just does not take my other LTC in Massachusetts and New Hampshire states License in considerations and I still need a Certificate of training taken within the last five years. I just thought maybe someone out here would have a suggestion on where I could go and get a certificate without spending a $100.00 or more in taking another course. Any help will be appreciated. Pm me with your suggestions.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom