magpul ar mags in mass?

can you purchase magpul ar magazines in mass or are ar owners limited to 10 round stuff ? I realize you can buy pre ban stuff but what about new? thanks

can you purchase magpul ar magazines in mass or are ar owners limited to 10 round stuff ? I realize you can buy pre ban stuff but what about new? thanks

you have already answered your own question with labeling magazines as "pre-ban". If we were not limited to those "type" of magazine, we not need to differentiate them from post-ban.

There are also companies producing crippled pmags for MA, NY, etc. Not really sure why you would want one, though... kind of pointless.

-Mike

I do not own an AR, but...

I would like to train with pmags because the are more durable than aluminum. If you ever drop an aluminum mag on it's feed lips and it bends, there is no way to fix it.

Pmags are much more durable so you will not ruin a preban mag that you paid $30 for. You'll just have to do lots more mag changes with a 10 rounder which will mess up your training.

IF I ever get an AR and take classes up in NH instead of Mass, I will try to arrange use of standard mags to use instead of possibly ruining my expensive prebans.

I would like to train with pmags because the are more durable than aluminum. If you ever drop an aluminum mag on it's feed lips and it bends, there is no way to fix it.

Pmags are much more durable so you will not ruin a preban mag that you paid $30 for. You'll just have to do lots more mag changes with a 10 rounder which will mess up your training.

IF I ever get an AR and take classes up in NH instead of Mass, I will try to arrange use of standard mags to use instead of possibly ruining my expensive prebans.

I have never busted up a mag by dropping it. They are pretty durable. Are Pmags more durable? perhaps, but the aluminum prebans aren't exactly paper mache.

An AR mag won't take too much damage if it's empty... if you're dropping full mags, then something is wrong. [laugh] There's also this thing known as a "dump pouch" which is useful. [grin]

Pmags are much more durable so you will not ruin a preban mag that you paid $30 for.

If you paid $30 for a preban mag, you got really, really screwed. The going rate is $20 or
less.

-Mike

IYou'll just have to do lots more mag changes with a 10 rounder which will mess up your training.

Wouldn't this help your training? If you're dropping mags and reloading then I would assert that you're getting more training while using less ammo.

To the OP: if you want to use PMAGS in Mass then get the neutered 10 rounders like reptile posted. They are great mags but I personally wouldn't pay $20.99 (sale price!!) for a $12.00 mag. To each their own I guess :) Or go to a range in NH and find a place in NH to store those evil 30 round baby killers.

Yeah... I don't see the point. However, if someone is selling neutered LR-308 P-Mags... I'm all over them.

(which apparently they have too! - Damnit, this site is draining my account)

Wouldn't this help your training? If you're dropping mags and reloading then I would assert that you're getting more training while using less ammo.

I have seen training video of students using 30 rounders for their drills. You would need more mag storage space and time in your drills to train with 10 rounders. It would be great to do more mag changes, I agree. I just think that doing all those mag drops more frequently would make you an odd ball in the class while everyone else is doing lots of rapid fire with their 30 round mags.

There are guns.. like the fs2000 that you can't use a standard 10 round mag on due to the config. A neutered 20 or 30 will work where the short standard 10s won't.

Back
Top Bottom