• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Firearms School

My wife took the class to get her LTC-A . She and her friends say it was a very educational and enjoyable class . The wife is out right now buying a frame for the certificates .

I just signed up to take the Mass Basic Firearms Safety Course next Thursday night; My girlfriend is signed up to take the course next month. Looking forward to getting the process started.

Do you shoot a real firearm in the class? or is this a Simulator? How much Firearms work is done during the basic class. Just curious...

All the firearms used in the class are real. During the loading and unloading portion of the class you will handle a AR15, pump action shotgun, revolver, and a semi automatic handgun.

During the shooting portion of the class you will use a Glock 19, Glock 22, Beretta 92fs, and a AR15 rifle. The range system we use replicates the blast and recoil of firing conventional live ammunition. The simulator enables the instructor to closely assist the student in improving their marksmanship. Another benefit of the system is that we are able to vary the targets students shoot (both static and moving targets).

I personal taken the class and I thought it was great. Simulated fired but remember it a basic gun saftey class not a learn to shoot class. It went by rather quick and the instructors were cool too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I took the Mass Basic Firearms class the 1st week of January and found the class excellent. I've had previous experience with revolvers and semi-auto pistols and was pleased to have some basic instruction in shotguns and semi-auto rifles. The instructor (Brent) seemed very knowledgeable and kept the material interesting throughout the class. I especially enjoyed the simulator shooting at the end of the class.

I encouraged my wife to sign up for the Ladies only class later in the month (which she did).

Back
Top Bottom