MA/CT Basic LTC class

Hi all,

If I've already taken the MA LTC course, is there a short course for CT that I can take rather than having to take the full course again. Most of the info is the same aside from the last couple hours. Anyone know of a place or individual that offers something along these lines?

Please PM me with any info, thanks.

AFAIK, CT requires ONLY NRA Basic Pistol which is an 8 hour course. Anyone who gives you that certificate and doesn't actually provide you with the 8 hour course is subject to having their credentials revoked by NRA and could face fraud charges (it happened in another state down South . . . along with the revocation of permits issued by said former-instructor).

So good luck finding someone to do that . . .

The reason I asked this question is that I took the MA class at S&W. There was an option to stay an additional hr or so to qualify for CT as well. I was unaware that I had to stay longer then the time stated to qualify for CT and had to pick up my son, so I couldn't stay. I was hoping that I could just tack on the extra hour or so as that was all that I missed. I certainly would not want anyone (including me) to get in trouble for anything, so Ill just have to take the full class.

The reason I asked this question is that I took the MA class at S&W. There was an option to stay an additional hr or so to qualify for CT as well. I was unaware that I had to stay longer then the time stated to qualify for CT and had to pick up my son, so I couldn't stay. I was hoping that I could just tack on the extra hour or so as that was all that I missed. I certainly would not want anyone (including me) to get in trouble for anything, so Ill just have to take the full class.

That being the case, you should contact your original instructor. Perhaps (I don't know for sure), he can have you just sit thru the missing portion and give you updated credentials. I do know that another instructor can't just do this, but only the original instructor can.

Good luck.

Well I called S&W and they no longer offer courses in Springfield as I expected. Does anyone know Ken Frisbee? He was my instructor for the MA course and I'd like to email him to see where/if he is teaching now.

Well I called S&W and they no longer offer courses in Springfield as I expected. Does anyone know Ken Frisbee? He was my instructor for the MA course and I'd like to email him to see where/if he is teaching now.

A little Google seems to indicate that Ken Frisbee retired from Chicopee PD. Therefore, you might make a phone call to the PD and ask them if they can give you contact info for "Ken Frisbee the firearms instructor"! They usually won't give out contact info for cops, but when you phrase it as the firearms instructor they might be helpful (they do like to direct business to their own).

If that fails, you might ping Rob McDermott (robmcd on NES) and ask if he knows how you can contact Ken Frisbee. Rob is also a firearms instructor in the Springfield area.

Back
Top Bottom