• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

m1 carbine planfield stocks

8thring

Banned
i have been running into m1 carbine collapsible, sliding wire stocks with a forward pistol grip , most likley made for the palnfield carbine, on auction sites for $50- $75. they look neat and beat paying almost $200 for an repro side folder. does anyone know the quality of these?
[grin]

They're fine.

But remember that putting it on a non-paratrooper or otherwise collapsing stock carbine still constitutes creating a new assault weapon under MA law. Seeing as your carbine is one of the recent Italian CMP imports judging from your posts in the past, this is patently illegal.

Remember that the AG and other LE departments do monitor this site.

Last edited:
law

i know the law; you can collect these items without attaching them[angry]

Last edited:
ag le atf f'nas

They're fine.

But remember that putting it on a non-paratrooper or otherwise collapsing stock carbine still constitutes creating a new assault weapon under MA law. Seeing as your carbine is one of the recent Italian CMP imports judging from your posts in the past, this is patently illegal.

Remember that the AG and other LE departments do monitor this site.

do you rat members out to the alphabet people ? [laugh2]

Last edited:
I wonder how the AG or one of her cronies would be able to prove that sometime in that guns life no one EVER before 1994 attached a flash suppressor to it. Those carbine flash suppressors went on and off very easily with a screw driver.

Considering that this isn't the first time you've tried to get a folding/collapsible stock for a carbine that is clearly an Italian CMP import (which were in storage in Italy until about two years ago), you're clearly intent on ignoring the law.

And Adam, in the case of a CMP carbine, it's fairly easy for them to know that there wasn't a flash suppressor on it beforehand. These were used by the Italian army before being stored away. They were all stored in the exact same condition - in cosmo, with bolts removed and no magazines or other accessories - basically, just the rifle, nothing else. The military flash suppressors were used on the T3 carbine only, not the standard M1, and none were brought back with this batch because otherwise CMP would have sold them.

Also, even if it had one at some point before 94, it clearly did not have one at 94 because these were in storage by that time. I'm pretty sure that it had to have been in AW configuration on that date. But again, those suppressors were only used on military T3s and M3s, not M1s.

8thring, I've never ratted anyone out to an alphabet agency. However, in general I think NES members try to steer people away from legal trouble. I've tried to warn you, and what you do from here on out is your own choice. Don't become one of those f***tards who gets arrested and their home raided and a cache of "assault weapons" seized because it only makes it worse for the rest of us. Like it or not, we live in a blazing shithole of a state.

Last edited:
dragnet

you sound like gannon; he gave great lectures. my opinion of the law is that you are all cattle; your main purpose in life is to make the rich man richer and that the second amendment is the only thing that keep "the man" from total control of your life. f**k'im all [rofl][laugh2]
p.s.; laws are made to keep the little guy down. just watch the news; i.e. banks getting away with all this shit and the fed. bailling them out while people lose thier homes to predatory lenders.[puke][puke2][rules]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom