M&P Mag Disconnect

DemonChronicles

NES Member
For any of you M&P pistol owners that have or are thinking about getting rid of the mag disconnect, Speed Shooters has a spring available to replace the one you take out.

This one is the correct length to make up the space left by removing the mag safety lever and stock spring. No more cutting down some spare 1911 spring or whatever one you find in your collection of "spare" parts. :)

Available here

Enjoy!!

has anyone else had rusting problems with their M&P mag disconnects? mine froze solid once it was so rusty (shield 9mm)...not sure if the part that is rusting is this spring you speak of, but would sure like to replace it with something stainless at some point. i carry my shield in the summer to conceal more effectively, and i sweat a lot at work, could have something to do with it. i just keep it the mag ejector soaked with oil now, and it seems to work fine, but i still get rusty oil coming out when i re up the lube.

I can't say that I have any rusting issues, and it's my EDC firearm.

But then again, my skinny butt doesn't sweat a lot while I'm in idle mode.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont really clean my M&P and have had no rust problems

i do remember having a slight problem with the slide serration and rusting in the very corner, but no problems now.

my M&P didnt have the mag safety

BTW, Midway USA does sell the Smith & Wesson Sear Housing Block without Integral Lock and Magazine Safety that will drop right in to the .40 or 9mm compacts, just make sure you also get the correct ejector because they are completely different between the two SHB's.

The nice thing about going this route is that you could now install the Apex RAM as it was made for this SHB and NOT the ones that do not have the integral lock or thumb safety.

BTW, Midway USA does sell the Smith & Wesson Sear Housing Block without Integral Lock and Magazine Safety that will drop right in to the .40 or 9mm compacts, just make sure you also get the correct ejector because they are completely different between the two SHB's.

The nice thing about going this route is that you could now install the Apex RAM as it was made for this SHB and NOT the ones that do not have the integral lock or thumb safety.
Here's the link: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/54...luger-357-sig-40-s-and-w?cm_vc=ProductFinding
They're accepting backorders.

I think apex makes two different RAM kits now. One for the ones with mag safety and one for without.

Yes, but they only work on models with the internal lock.

They are making a curved RAM for models without the internal lock and no thumb safety, but there is no ETA yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom