Lube Sizing Bullets

Fixxah

NES Member
I have nearly everything I need to start casting my own bullets thanks to BIG GUN and Highlander.

My search on Midway site for a lube sizer is a bit confusing though. They have one page of products and each one has had five star reviews and one star. Each bad review tells how they were dissapointed with this and bought that.

I am hoping that my choice will be a wise one based on other's experience with various products. Lyman, RCBS, and Saeco are all I have looked at up until now. Are there others?

While I continue my search, please feel free to enlighten me with your wisdom, it is definately needed. I will be casting .45 ACP of various types.
Lube will probably be Thompson Blue Angel.
Thanks, John

David Thompson makes the best bullet lube I have ever used. I use his "Blue Angel Red" in my Magma luber/sizer. The best hand operated luber/sizer I have ever used is the Star. Unfortunately, I can't tell you where to get one, but this is the best manually operated luber/sizer. I used one for years until I got into commercial casting and bought a Magma machine; 4000 rounds per hour.

PS Don't bother to but a heater for the lube. You can just tape a 75 watt light bulb to the lube reservoir; works just as well as a heater for a fraction of the cost.

Great idea on the heater. And it's funny that you mentioned Star, I just watched a youTube video of that very machine. Sent them an email for prices etc.

Magma now makes/sells it now. They also have an air pressured unit as well. I apologize for posting early, I should have spent a little while longer searching web.

From what I've read on THR and Handloader's, the machine is about the best available. A bit pricey though.

Is there any advantage to Blue vs. Red? Melting point seems to be different but your opinion would help.

Magma Engineering in Az. has Star lube/sizer. I called and ordered one today along with their lube. Three weeks away because of backorder. There are optional items for it as well.

Thanks for all your help Eric, you are an excellent teacher. Anymore plumbing issues, call me. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom