LTC - Restrictions [was: confused?]

hello everyone, new to NES, 1st time posting. I have a question ( may be a stupid one) I have a class a LTC with no restrictions, is that the same as ALP, because there is no reason for issuance anywhere on the license

Welcome to the forum.

VERY INTERESTING question!

I'd give GOAL a call 508-393-5333. If you aren't a member, sign up when you call. When you are a member ask for Jim Wallace and get his opinion on this one. I really don't know. I guess one could assume "no text" = "no restriction", but I wouldn't want to bet on it.

goal says that a class A license issued with no restrictions is issued for ALP
on the license it says "no restrictions" so i would think it I'm all set

redsoxfan said:
goal says that a class A license issued with no restrictions is issued for ALP
on the license it says "no restrictions" so i would think it I'm all set

Yup you got the good one :)
Nothing worse than having a restriction.. but then again even having one is a good thing no matter what.

update on previous thread

in my first post i said that i had a question because on my LTC, there was no section for "reason for issuance", and it didn't say ALP. what i found out was the criminal history board recently(3-4 weeks ago) changed the licenses.

my license says RESTRICTIONS: NONE

now class A licenses with no restrictions, are issued for ALP
I dont know if anyone else was confused like i was. I feel better now

thanks,

Matt

Mod Hat On!

I moved this thread to Gun Laws and merged your "update" thread with it so that now it is one cohesive thread.

Good info, thanks!

Awesome, maybe that includes unlawful purposes too. Watch out for that guy, he's got a double O license to do whatever he wants. Alert the media!

redsoxfan said:
in my first post i said that i had a question because on my LTC, there was no section for "reason for issuance", and it didn't say ALP. what i found out was the criminal history board recently(3-4 weeks ago) changed the licenses.

The change was NOT "3-4 weeks ago;" it was 10 - 11 months ago. It was also a subject of discussion on this and other boards.

Hint: Capitalization and other punctuation tools were developed for a reason.

Anyhow. congratulations on your LTC/A - ALP. [wink]

Scrivener,

You better re-read his original post! [wink]

He reported that his LTC had <blank space> in that area, nothing at all written there, where most with new LTCs have ALP, Target and Hunting, etc. in that blank space.

crak said:
Awesome, maybe that includes unlawful purposes too. Watch out for that guy, he's got a double O license to do whatever he wants. Alert the media!

I've actually seen one issued where some some somnambulant clerk type "All Unlawful Purposes" in the "Reason for Issuing License" space. I think that means that they'll yank his license for violating the restrictions if he doesn't kill somebody. I don't want to think too much about what sort of behavior the PD wants from the other guy who was issued a license for "All Awful Purposes" [wink]

Ken

Back
Top Bottom