• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC in Natick

milktree

NES Member
Page one of this document from the Natick PD has a bunch of requirements that I thought were illegal.

Specifically:
a) Birth certificate or citizenship papers

My understanding is that there is no requirement that an applicant be a citizen, as long as they're legally a resident (green card or whatever it's called)

b) [id with current address. it's fine]

c) Two different home utility bills, or any type of bills, not more than one month old showing name and address

This seems like they're requiring an applicant to have bills in his/her name, which is redundant given "(b)", and a stupid requirement since some couples/families have all the bills under one person's name.

This came up because I had a student yesterday from Natick who is sure he has to show his naturalization papers rather than his US passport. My understanding is that a passport is sufficient for showing citizenship, and the town can't require a birth certificate or anything else. They have to accept a passport.

Framingham also required utility/property tax bill (not car excise), for proof of residency.

When one of my kids went to get his FID, they needed a utility bill. "But, he's a kid - he doesn't pay utility bills," I said.

"One of yours."

I did not point out that there was no "verification" that he lived with me, and that it was pointless - the clerk was just "checking a box."

Hell, when I last renewed, they wanted a utility bill, although I had an LTC issued by the Town.... [rolleyes]

Your student can either show the requested/ required docs, or try and fight. They may win, but it may be a Pyrrhic victory.

The licensing officer in Natick is reasonable to deal with, so don't get bent out of shape until after you have contacted him. Their overview sheet seems to be way out of date.

This came up because I had a student yesterday from Natick who is sure he has to show his naturalization papers rather than his US passport.
That student is wrong unless Natick has changed their policy since last 11AM Monday, November 20th, 2023.

I expect Natick will be reasonable and work with the applicant on the acceptable proof of address.

Come back with a follow-up after your student has completed the process.

The current process is fill out the application, drop off at PD front desk, and expect a call to come in about a week later give or take a bit.

Back
Top Bottom