LTC A IN Medford ( Restricted though)

Just recieved my License in the mail on monday siked that i got it, cant wait to buy my first gun, kinda bummed that its restricted but it is a start. Im now considering joining a club locally and the NRA. Hopefully in the next couple of years ill be moving to a more green town when i buy my house but for now this what i got.

Everyone gets restricted in medford unless you work security or have a business that deals in a lot of cash.

Labert and Buddy Sacco aren't fans of firearms.

a friend of mine told me labert owns the collectors gallery in stoneham is that true

interesting, because i'd heard a rumor that COP in stoneham gave his own occifers a slap on the wrist for buying "off list" and "non-duty" guns from Collectors... but the source, shall remain nameless... maybe i read it on NES [tinfoil]

There are several members here who claim to have a unrestricted LTC from Medford. My 1st LTC was from Medford, and I grew up there.

I would be hard pressed to find a police force in the Balkans more unprofessional and useless as the Medford PD. Don't expect any favors from that department. By favors I mean acknowledging your right to defend yourself.

interesting, because i'd heard a rumor that COP in stoneham gave his own occifers a slap on the wrist for buying "off list" and "non-duty" guns from Collectors... but the source, shall remain nameless... maybe i read it on NES [tinfoil]

Are you talking about LCP's? I know the story behind that if thats the recent example your talking about.

Everyone gets restricted in medford unless you work security or have a business that deals in a lot of cash.

Labert and Buddy Sacco aren't fans of firearms.

my cousin got a ltc a in medford but hes a lawyer i dont know if that had anything to do with it.

a friend of mine told me labert owns the collectors gallery in stoneham is that true

No, Steve does not own collectors! He is friends with Jack the owner, and helps out from time to time. As for him not being pro gun, that is false also. He is the medford LTC instructor, and has no say over licensing. Medford starts you off with a restriction, when you go for a renewal, they issue a LTC class A unrestricted.

No, Steve does not own collectors! He is friends with Jack the owner, and helps out from time to time. As for him not being pro gun, that is false also. He is the medford LTC instructor, and has no say over licensing. Medford starts you off with a restriction, when you go for a renewal, they issue a LTC class A unrestricted.

If you're under 30. I've heard a direct quote of sacco's from a VERY reliable source. "No person under 30 should own or need a firearm." I'll take this to the bank all day. Steve doesn't seem like a bad guy, and I know he's pro-guns all the way, but you're correct, it's buddys decision at the end of the day, and he's not exactly a pro-anything individual.

Steve's the official armor of the PD, at least he was several years ago. I invited him to house once when he was finished doing a detail on my street. He's got a great knowledge of all types of firearms. I showed him a few of my WWII firearms and he just about told me the history of what I showed him.

I asked him about why the dept. went with S&W .40s instead of SIGs, he just shook his head and said, ask the mayor about that.

Ya Medford is tough. I went for my FID right out of basic, 17 and a half at the time and they kept BS'ing me around. I wasn't until I mentioned it to one of the cops in the ride along program, that I got the call to come in and finish the paper work. When I went for my pistol at 19 they tried to B ram me, I walked up with a class A restricted.

Then I moved to Tewksbury and got my class A None.

There are several members here who claim to have a unrestricted LTC from Medford. My 1st LTC was from Medford, and I grew up there.

I'm one of those people

I got my first time permit in February of this year in Medford and it's an LTC-A Unrestricted....It took 6 weeks from the day that I dropped off the application to the day I got the permit (which, coincidentally was on my 25th birthday), and it was a hassle free experience for me....and I'm just a regular shmoe...I'm not in protection/armored car driving/etc. (I'm an engineer), I don't know anyone in the department or anyone in the city government, etc. etc... I put "For all lawful purposes" on my application, and at no point did anyone try to B ram me, or mention restrictions

I even have a beard (OH NO, THE HORROR!!)

I'm one of those people

I got my first time permit in February of this year in Medford and it's an LTC-A Unrestricted....It took 6 weeks from the day that I dropped off the application to the day I got the permit (which, coincidentally was on my 25th birthday), and it was a hassle free experience for me....and I'm just a regular shmoe...I'm not in protection/armored car driving/etc. (I'm an engineer), I don't know anyone in the department or anyone in the city government, etc. etc... I put "For all lawful purposes" on my application, and at no point did anyone try to B ram me, or mention restrictions

either they changed their policy or you're very lucky!

i was treated like a staight up a**h*** when i went in to that station to apply. the desk cop asked me "what do you need a gun for?" that was 08'

i was treated like a staight up a**h*** when i went in to that station to apply. the desk cop asked me "what do you need a gun for?" that was 08'

disco you should have asked him "well what do you need yours for?" lol

same here, 08

I'm one of those people

I had basically the same experience in Somerville. I'm an engineer, first time applicant for LTC, asked for ALP, don't know anybody in the department or gov, etc etc.

Got my unrestricted LTC-A 4 weeks from my application date

my experience was great with the mpd i got mine in 8 weeks the DET. that handles it was a great guy, but in the end he told me it was up to the cheif, he told me if i could add anything else to the app that might persuade him it may help but all i had was the safety course

I got unrestricted in Medford too. The Det. is a really nice guy. I was 31 when I got it, and deal with cash daily in Roxbury and Dorchester, so I'm sure that helped.

Wow, sounds like things sure have changed in Medford. I got mine in '08 as well, and (like others) was treated like a straight-up schmuckhead by the desk officer and the old lady that processed applications on the second floor.

I only dealt with the detective on the 2nd floor. It went like this. 1.) Dropped off application in the box. 2.) Got a call a couple weeks later to set up a meeting. 3.) Showed up and got printed. 4.) Got called to pick up LTC unrestricted.

my experience was great with the mpd i got mine in 8 weeks the DET. that handles it was a great guy, but in the end he told me it was up to the cheif, he told me if i could add anything else to the app that might persuade him it may help but all i had was the safety course

You had a detective, it was a sergeant Murry I think when I got mine. He had a sweet old secretary.

I submitted my application in December of 09, and wasn't licensed until February. Det. Mulcahey was a really nice guy, but didn't mention until the licence was in hand that I had gotten restrictions, at which point he told me that the Chief never issues an unrestricted on someone's first licence. He then told me if I needed it to write him a letter and baring the Chief's approval he could remove them.

I haven't sent in the letter yet, I figured I'd wait a while and get that experience that they thought I was missing. Anyone have any recommendations on what to put in this letter? I don't have any reasons like "large deposits of cash at night while people make death threats".

my cousin got a ltc a in medford but hes a lawyer i dont know if that had anything to do with it.

yes, Medford issues LTC-As....do you mean an unrestricted one? (I know the answer, I am just making a point, you cant say "LTC-A" to mean an unrestricted license, because that is not the only flavor of LTC-A out there)

yeah i had a det it was det. mulcahey he was a very nice guy and very sincere and just walked me through everything

Mulcahey, I was in the Medford ride along program and it was run by a Bill Mulcahey. Great guy, helped me get my FID back when I was 17.

yeah i had a det it was det. mulcahey he was a very nice guy and very sincere and just walked me through everything

Det. Mulcahey was indeed very nice to my GF couple of years ago. She included a cover letter as a courtesy just saying she's a lifelong resident of Medford, etc. etc. I added to her letter this, "...and no I won't become a pistol packin' granny". She got her Class A - Hunting/Target, but she's happy.

BTW I've had my LTC since 1972 in Medford, back in the days you had to supply your own photos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom