Long range shooter

Hey guys, new to the forum I have posted this question in the MA gun laws section but I will be moving close enough to the border such that the trip to NH would not bother me at all. I currently live in VA and am at the Quantico range any time its open to do my 600-1k shooting and for the most part that satisfies my need for long range shoots. Every now and again a couple of us will go to a local pipeline (buried obviously) or high tension lines both having more than adequate DZ's for the 308 and shoot there. Nobody pays us any mind, the local authorities are notified when we are there. My question is how would this fly in HN? If I were to find a high tension that had a good backstop and a DZ that would be sufficient is there any laws prohibiting me from shooting? Thanks for the responses and please forgive my ignorance of the laws.

Typically the answer to this is, as long as you have permission of the property owner, are following the zoning part of the law - not being near houses (300 ft), and are shooting in a safe direction, this is ok. The only question left is who owns the property you are shooting on? Get their permission...

Great thanks for the info, I would absolutely get permission if shooting on private property or would shoot on state land. I assumed that there was a minimum (300ft) but would try to find somewhere that we would not be annoying anyone with the report of the rifle (stupid MA making me give up my suppressor), thanks again.

Great thanks for the info, I would absolutely get permission if shooting on private property or would shoot on state land. I assumed that there was a minimum (300ft) but would try to find somewhere that we would not be annoying anyone with the report of the rifle (stupid MA making me give up my suppressor), thanks again.

I wouldn't try shooting on state land in NH. The state has no public ranges.

Back
Top Bottom