• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lock and Load: Join Us for an Epic Appleseed Event at Garnet School, Candia NH on April 6th! (After Action Report has posted!)

nightpoison

NES Member
🍎🎯 Join Us at the Garnet School in Candia NH on April 6th for an Unforgettable Appleseed Event! 🍏🎯

Shooters are already gearing up for NH's next Appleseed event. Have you secured your spot yet?

If not, here's why you shouldn't miss out on our upcoming event at the Garnet School in Candia NH on April 6th:

🎯 **Learn the Fundamentals**: Whether you're a seasoned marksman or just starting out, Appleseed offers invaluable instruction on marksmanship fundamentals.

🎯 **Sharpen Your Skills**: Enhance your shooting abilities and refine your techniques under the guidance of experienced instructors.

🎯 **Discover Your Heritage**: Delve into the events that shaped our nation's history on April 19, 1775, and honor the sacrifices of those who fought for liberty.

🎯 **Community Bonding**: Connect with like-minded individuals, forge new friendships, and reunite with old pals in a welcoming and supportive environment.

🎯 **Family-Friendly Fun**: Make lasting memories with your loved ones during this exciting weekend event suitable for the whole family.

🎯 **Experience History Come Alive**: Immerse yourself in the rich narrative of April 19, 1775, and understand the pivotal role marksmanship played in shaping our nation.

At Appleseed, we're not just about shooting; we're about preserving history, fostering camaraderie, and passing down essential skills to future generations.

The Garnet School in Candia NH provides a conducive environment for our event, with adequate facilities and a focus on safety. It features a backstop/berm arrangement, a gravel firing line, nearby outhouses, and small buildings for shelter from the elements.

Whether you're aiming to earn your Rifleman patch, embark on the journey to become an instructor, or simply learn the art of rifle marksmanship from scratch, Appleseed welcomes you with open arms.

Don't miss this opportunity to be part of a transformative experience that combines education, recreation, and patriotism. Sign up now at the provided link or reach out for more information.

Let's come together to honor our heritage, sharpen our skills, and make memories that will last a lifetime. We look forward to seeing you at the Garnet School in Candia NH on April 6th!

For any inquiries, visit Project Appleseed or feel free to reach out via PM or in this thread.

Together, let's make history.

Hope to see you there! 🍏🎯

MORE INFORMATION

REGISTRATION

While a lot has changed since 2008, here is a great blog post on what it means to be a Rifleman! LINK HERE

@slap shot

As this is a brand new firing range, I have little information on what to expect, however, I did reach out to the shoot boss for the event. The range has gravel on the ground for the firing line and is uncovered. Nearby there is an outhouse and some small buildings for when we have lunch and during the history portions of the event.

As the firing line is going to be on gravel, I highly recommend that you grab some elbow pads, if you don't have a padded shooting mat. Get some soft, volleyball-type elbow pads. you don't want a hard shell elbow pad as it will just act as a ball and roll around, causing instability.

If there are any questions, feel free to reach out!!!!!

Last edited:
Anyone else centering up? Bringing my son in law so it’s gonna get competitive 😂

I have a spare midway shooting mat if you’re on the fence.

Let’s see if you’re a rifleman or a cook!!!

@slap shot That's great. I love seeing family on the line shooting together!!!!!

Instructors usually have rifles, mats, and slings to loan out to those who may need a loaner. Bringing your own gear is always ideal so that you can take what you learn and continue to train on your own.

students will generally bring blankets, yoga mats, cut-up old rugs, or even just a tarp. If that's what you have bring it.

Slings, well, generally speaking, there is no substitute for the G.I Cotton Sling. It is the gold standing for a sling in regards to being a shooting aid. If you don't have one, the Magpul RLS works well. It's used a little differently but still gets the job done.

However, at the end of the day if not having your mat, a sling, or even a 22 semi-auto rifle to use is keeping you from attending, not inviting a friend to share the line with, or deciding you can't bring a family member due to lack of gear. Well, just reach out to the Shoot boss or myself and we will make sure you have what you need for the line. I don't think there has ever been a situation were we didn't have enough gear to make sure the line was complete.

Back to 2 spots - the ticket was grabbed, registration not completed, so went back into circulation. Bring a friend - lets sell this one out

MattNH

Thanks, @MattNH, but it's back to nine students tomorrow and we almost have a full line. Come on everyone, who is going to take the last slot? If something is holding you back and you think I can help reach out and let me know. Loaner rifle, Sling, Matt (sorry I meant mat, but we have a Matt too.) If it's an equipment issue, hit me up and we will see what we can do!!!!!!

It's going to be a great day!!!!!!!!

It was absolutely a great day. We had it all drizzle, flakes and even a little sun. I can’t complement the volunteers enough. I’ve been to 5 or 6 of these now and this crew was absolutely the most helpful and prepared. All shooters persevered, got better and learned something about the birth of our country. I suck with names but thanks to Mike, Matt, Dan, Milo, I know I missed one. And Brian, who graciously hosted on his awesome homesteading property.

Until next time!

Hey everyone,

I'm thrilled to share our recent adventure at the Garnet School in Candia, NH this April! Huge shoutout to Brian T. for generously offering up his facilities, and making our event possible.

Picture this: New England gets slammed by a spring Nor'easter, dumping a whopping 12-16 inches of heavy, wet snow. It's chaos out there, with 170k folks in NH left in the dark during the storm. But did that stop us? Heck no!

Despite the wild weather, with snow, flurries, rain, and gusts doing their dance, the temperature held steady in the mid-upper 30s. Our shoot boss weighed the situation and deemed it not quite Winterseed-worthy. With 8 shooters, including 5 first-timers, the excitement was palpable.

Let's give a round of applause to three returning Appleseeders who re-qualified as Rifleman, rock on! And of course, a special highlight to the young man on the line, earning that William Diamond patch, you were a true standout, soaking up knowledge and improving like a pro.

We had one shooter who wouldn't let a little thing like eye dominance hold him back – he switched to shooting left-handed like a champ. And always fun seeing bolt action on the line, those groups with your bolt rifle? Absolutely killer. Will and Brian, keep pushing forward – we can't wait to see you back on the line!

Let's not forget to show some love to Range Dog (aka AC/RSO) for bagging that 10 shoot pin – nice one, Dan! And of course, a massive thank you to Brian and the Garnet School for making it all happen.

Until next time, WAIT, next time is only two weeks away. Who is coming out to Pelham!!!!! its going to be a great weekend.

1712500965037.png 1712501011409.png
1712501059841.png 1712501098244.png

Cheers,
[Your Name]

Attachments

• 1712500970801.png
    1712500970801.png
    8 MB · Views: 6
It was absolutely a great day. We had it all drizzle, flakes and even a little sun. I can’t complement the volunteers enough. I’ve been to 5 or 6 of these now and this crew was absolutely the most helpful and prepared. All shooters persevered, got better and learned something about the birth of our country. I suck with names but thanks to Mike, Matt, Dan, Milo, I know I missed one. And Brian, who graciously hosted on his awesome homesteading property.

Until next time!

slap shot, it was great to meet you and your son-in-law. It was fantastic having you on the line, and I hope to see you out at the range again. Thank you for the kind words!

o yea, and the one you missed was Brent.

Back
Top Bottom