• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Little Chip with the VX-8DR?

So, I'm part of the Ham Radio Group at the Hospital I work. There's a push for the Hospitals in New England to get linked up with Ham Radio. So much so that Homeland Security purchaced a whole shack for our Hospital. Base units, tuners, antennas, HTs, etc...

So, I was tasked with learning the VX-8DR. We got the software for them, so I programed the radios with all the Repeaters in the area were people might connect. As we're encouraged to sign them out and play with them at home...so the Eastern MA, Southern NH and Northern RI.

Anyway, as I'm opening the box and looking at all the parts, there's this LITTLE computer chip in a bag in the box. I have no idea what it is...and I've been searching the web and can't find anything on this.

I left the box at work, so I can't snap a pic until tomorrow. But if you know what it might be, please let me know.

So, I'm part of the Ham Radio Group at the Hospital I work. There's a push for the Hospitals in New England to get linked up with Ham Radio. So much so that Homeland Security purchaced a whole shack for our Hospital. Base units, tuners, antennas, HTs, etc...

So, I was tasked with learning the VX-8DR. We got the software for them, so I programed the radios with all the Repeaters in the area were people might connect. As we're encouraged to sign them out and play with them at home...so the Eastern MA, Southern NH and Northern RI.

Anyway, as I'm opening the box and looking at all the parts, there's this LITTLE computer chip in a bag in the box. I have no idea what it is...and I've been searching the web and can't find anything on this.

I left the box at work, so I can't snap a pic until tomorrow. But if you know what it might be, please let me know.

Without seeing it, my guess would be the bluetooth adapter:
4901s.jpg

(Sorry the pic is so small, or not done in Doobie-approved ASCII)

I think the barometer and GPS is built in on that model, so I don't think it would be it (VX-7R has a external chip for the barometer IIRC)

Back
Top Bottom