Litterbugs!

Fixxah

NES Member
I effing hate when scumbags leave their trash on the water. There are barrels to put trash in but evidently it is too much to ask of an a-hole to walk the fifteen feet necessary to use it. I just got home from my favorite little honey hole that never fails to yield fish and left with an armload of trash and a bottle on each finger. Plus I found some druggy's stash, I took the pipe and chucked it into the depths and put a rock and piece of wood in the zippered bag and replaced it where I found it. Smoke that you POS.

I hate that!!!! I was at the trout pond at the club this week and pulled some empty cans and stuff out of the pond and woods [angry] pisses me off bad !!!
I brought a trash barrel down there after I was done in hopes that they will use it from now on.

When I lived down in Tampa I fished the bay almost every week and would fill the back of my boat with trash. Marine Patrol stopped me at the ramp one day when I was throwing it in the trash bin.....he thought I had been drinking (since most of the trash was beer cans). He quickly realized what I had been doing because they were all different brands and I wasn't drunk lol...(being Coast Guard at the time helped lol). He thanked me for my efforts....

and thank you for cleaning up a little part of the world....every little bit helps...

We can't take a walk around our favorite reservoir without being disgusted by the extreme amounts of trash left behind by fishermen (much fishing related trash) and likely teenagers drinking/partying. It gets tiresome picking up others trash all the time, and the a-holes who toss trash out the window into my yard.

+1 on litterbugs. They make my blood boil. You'll never stop them. I had a client sheep hunting in the Brooks Range one time. You're walking places where nobody has ever stepped foot. I watched him eat his entire lunch while throwing every bit of his trash on the virgin tundra. When he was all done I told him to pick his S*$# up and his hunt was done. I meant what I said. It was a 12 mile hike back to main camp! He complained to the outfitter and we ended up switching clients just so I didn't get turned in to the guide board but I think he learned his lesson.

We have a gravel pit that the owner out of the nicity of his heart lets us shoot at. As long as it's kept clean. I went up there a couple of weeks ago and there was boxes and boxes of crap along with well over 50 booze bottles all shot up! I spent a week on and off picking this crap up. Inconsiderate asses!

Seems like every accesible fishing spot has trash. Mono, coffee cups, soda cans, empty worm containers, and whatever else they decide to huck. They wonder why places get posted or we're always under attack for being slobs.

We who pick up are true sportsman and conservationists.The rest are the scum thats ruining it for the future sportsman,where are the wardens when these -sshats are around.

There's a small pond in town that I take my boys to fish at, and I make sure they always leave with someone else's trash. It sure does get tiring picking up after ignorant a-holes, but it's also been a good lesson for my kids. I'd just love to catch some of the morons in action... [mg]

Sure is refreshing to read some of these post here. I hate litterbugs just like the rest of you but am sick of being called a treehugger just because I think actions like this should come with a consequence. If someone or something makes a mess out in the woods or in a river they should be required to clean it up.

These people must have been raised in a way that didn't teach them common courtesy, and I bet it extends to other aspects of their lives. These are the same people who don't say thank you, don't hold doors for anyone, are jackass drivers, etc. And their lives are worse for it. The best we can do is to be respectful and courteous ourselves, raise our children to do the same, and try to leave things better than we found them.

Sure is refreshing to read some of these post here. I hate litterbugs just like the rest of you but am sick of being called a treehugger just because I think actions like this should come with a consequence. If someone or something makes a mess out in the woods or in a river they should be required to clean it up.

Along those same lines of being called names, someone called me Al Gore for turning off an extraneous light in the break room at work. The room's full of flourescent lights and there's a separate task light over the sink. Every time I went in there and it was empty, I would turn it off thinking, "not only is there no use for this light, there's no one here who can use it" Someone came in one day as I turned it off and asked me what I was doing, then called me Gore... friggin' db. Even if it is work, I was still raised that a light in a room with no one in it, is just wasting electricity.

The world is my ashtray. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

The other day I was on my bike at a stop light behind some young white kid with a beard and dreadlocks. [dufus alert!] The green Dodge Intrepid had crunchy green bumper stickers on the back like "Tree hugging dirt lover". The scumbag then proceeds to throw his cigarette butt out the window. [slap]
I yelled "Hey you dropped something". I wish I had more time at the light, I came THIS close to picking it up and tossing it in his lap. [devil2]

The other day I was on my bike at a stop light behind some young white kid with a beard and dreadlocks. [dufus alert!] The green Dodge Intrepid had crunchy green bumper stickers on the back like "Tree hugging dirt lover". The scumbag then proceeds to throw his cigarette butt out the window. [slap]
I yelled "Hey you dropped something". I wish I had more time at the light, I came THIS close to picking it up and tossing it in his lap. [devil2]
You can make your point better if you throw their butt in the back seat. Don't ask me how I know.[laugh]

i allways find worm containers and those friggin packages with the pre rigged hooks all over the place anywhere pepole commonly go fishing

I carry trashbags in my car for when I come accross others' litter. Sometimes the amount of it is overwhelming.

The worst is when you're walking along the beach barefoot and almost step on a used condom. F'ing disgusting.

One of my hunting spots I actually walk in until i get to the refrigerator department, then I take a right until I get to the fire pits and beer can department then I take a left and see my hunting spot right before the vandalized barn department.

If you came to my spot you would see how accurate this is. It is not a joke.

Ask anybody I hunt with how much I complain about trash I find in the woods. I told one guy when I was huntung in Colorado how it doesn't matter how far I go into the woods I always find trash. The next day he told me he was way out in the woods where he thought nobody has ever been and he found trash. What I hate even more are the people who load up appliances and mattresses and drive an hour away to dump them in the woods to save a $25 disposal fee.

Ask anybody I hunt with how much I complain about trash I find in the woods. I told one guy when I was huntung in Colorado how it doesn't matter how far I go into the woods I always find trash. The next day he told me he was way out in the woods where he thought nobody has ever been and he found trash. What I hate even more are the people who load up appliances and mattresses and drive an hour away to dump them in the woods to save a $25 disposal fee.
One thing that bothers me to no end is people who call you a "Tree Hugger" if you complain about someone littering or defacing our environment. Many of the places I used to hunt or shoot at when I was younger are posted now because of piles of shingles, old appliances. and assorted trash. Good to see so many NES'ers here who care about doing the right thing.

About a half hour ago my dog starts flippin' his sh*t so my girl looks out the window and sees nothing....I just went out to let my bud take a whiz before we head to bed and there's a god damn foot long Arizona iced tea can nicely placed on top of my front hedges....I swear....one day....one day I will catch one of these piece of feces with legs and that day....yes...that day it will frickin' be on like donkey kong...

About a half hour ago my dog starts flippin' his sh*t so my girl looks out the window and sees nothing....I just went out to let my bud take a whiz before we head to bed and there's a god damn foot long Arizona iced tea can nicely placed on top of my front hedges....I swear....one day....one day I will catch one of these piece of feces with legs and that day....yes...that day it will frickin' be on like donkey kong...

Here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/Driveway-Patrol-Sensor-Receiver-Kit/dp/B0000645RH/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275990729&sr=8-4

I was at a department store a while back and I saw a car full of, well, looked like they were from the "Far South" change a baby and throw the diaper in the parking lot, then they all went into the store. Left the window open on the car though... Their mistake.

I was at a department store a while back and I saw a car full of, well, looked like they were from the "Far South" change a baby and throw the diaper in the parking lot, then they all went into the store. Left the window open on the car though... Their mistake.
Bet security watching their outside cameras were rolling on the floors laughing. Hope you threw it inside the car so it went opened side down.[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom