Liquid Alox

I'm having problems seating 115 Grain Round Nose that are over sized at .313.

These have a very long base which have to be seated real deep to a single crimping groove. So I'm also using a universal expanding die with and a Lee Fcd die..

I'm trying to avoid any extra pressure on the ram because these bottle necks are so thin..

Will a thin coating of liquid alox help even though the bullets have a lube band?

Last edited:
The load is for a 6 inch 1905 3rd change Hand Ejector in 32-20.

I ended up mixing an ounce of Liquid Alox with an ounce of mineral oil, then poured it in to a large plastic bag with 500 bullets, poured them out on top of a flattened out garbage bag and left then in the sun.

It made a difference, not one neck was damaged.

Now if they don't produce any extra smoke I'll be real happy.

The load is for a 6 inch 1905 3rd change Hand Ejector in 32-20.

I ended up mixing an ounce of Liquid Alox with an ounce of mineral oil, then poured it in to a large plastic bag with 500 bullets, poured them out on top of a flattened out garbage bag and left then in the sun.

It made a difference, not one neck was damaged.

Now if they don't produce any extra smoke I'll be real happy.
I size my cast bullets for the 32-20 to .313, why not use pure Liquid Alox? It drys hard in a couple of days. I would be a bit nervous about mineral oil leaching into the powder.

I followed the directions to the letter mixing it and they also said, once every thing dry's nothing will effect the powder.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom