• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hi-Tek coating, liquid vs powder

headednorth

NES Member
I have limited experience with the powder method but was curious about any pros and cons of the liquid. Anyone out there have experience with both methods? Any preferences for one or the other? Pros/cons of either? Any differences in the finished product? Ease of use? Etc... Just curious.

I have both. I had issues with some powder one time. It seemed like it wasn’t ground fine enough. Lots of big sparkly glitter fragments. It was weird.
Needless to say the send me a replacement.
Other than that I can’t tell the difference. I like being able to use the liquid without needing a scale because it’s all done by volume.
The powder requires that I bring a small scale into my shop which isn’t even on the same property as my house.
I started with liquid so I might be biased.
Did you see the new colors they have now? The have orange and also a couple shades of blue. Kind of cool.
I’ve been liking my mix of gold and green. It gives a pretty cool zombie green kind of color.

4554A379-6D0E-4D6A-992B-29B65B892C72.jpeg

Very nice. Didnt notice the new colors. Tbh, I was trying to remember if I had bought directly from them last time or from a different distributor because on Hi Teks site they say to call or email to order and Im almost positive last time I just filled out a form with a cc number and that was that. Makes me think I bought from somewhere else. Checked Bayou bullets and they just link back to Hi Tek.

Minor issue I had with the powder method was weighing out the powder on my small scale I had to do multiple loads because I couldnt fit all 300+ grains at one shot. Kind of a mess. Not a big deal but I think Im going to try the liquid next time around.

Ill check again but iirc, I only remember seeing like 5 colors. Do you buy direct from Hi Tek or from someone else?

Very nice. Didnt notice the new colors. Tbh, I was trying to remember if I had bought directly from them last time or from a different distributor because on Hi Teks site they say to call or email to order and Im almost positive last time I just filled out a form with a cc number and that was that. Makes me think I bought from somewhere else. Checked Bayou bullets and they just link back to Hi Tek.

Minor issue I had with the powder method was weighing out the powder on my small scale I had to do multiple loads because I couldnt fit all 300+ grains at one shot. Kind of a mess. Not a big deal but I think Im going to try the liquid next time around.

Ill check again but iirc, I only remember seeing like 5 colors. Do you buy direct from Hi Tek or from someone else?
Yeah that’s another annoying part with the powder. Using a grain scale sucks. I don’t have a gram scale.

I ordered from Hi Perftomace Bullet coatings. It’s Donnie Miculek. Jerry’s brother. He used to own Bayou bullets but sold the business. He just sells the coating now. Great guy.

Yeah that’s another annoying part with the powder. Using a grain scale sucks. I don’t have a gram scale.

I ordered from Hi Perftomace Bullet coatings. It’s Donnie Miculek. Jerry’s brother. He used to own Bayou bullets but sold the business. He just sells the coating now. Great guy.
Hi perf. That's it thanks. I was 99% sure I ordered it from somewhere other than hitek but couldnt recall. Thank you

They must run these in batches? Can add powder to cart but liquid only has option to add to wishlist. :(

Back
Top Bottom