Life Happens in threes...Pics Up

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
I figured after two failed P38 attempts, I should switch things up a bit. The first P38, AC43, had a split right grip. The second P38 (AC41) had a clipped firing pin. I figured for the money I had already committed, I could get something I didn't have rather than a second P38. The third attempt will be here later this week. I'm not telling what it is, but I posted a clue.

Another "3" for those who know me, I've had a problem with cars lately. Well coming home from RI yesterday came the third. I had just dropped off a load of parts for the '55 Star Chief and around X5 on 95N when there was an incident in the center late. Traffic was moderate, I was doing 70 in the right lane. A car in the center lane ran off the road into the median ditch and flipped. Someone from the center lane swerved into my lane and I clobbered them straight with no chance to stop or maneuver. This is from the driver who was behind me. I saw or heard nothing; all I saw was a quartering tail light. My car was crushed in between the door and the front tire nearly to the steering wheel. Hood buckled, all air bags deployed, and the windshield broken. I was knocked out again (#11 if you're counting) briefly, and in a swoon for 20 minutes. My son was in the front seat and had a small cut on his finger that took a band-aid to fix. We were both transported to Norwood hospital. I had CAT scans of my head and neck. Nothing broken, but I'm bruised from my left thigh to head with a slash/abrasion wound on my inner left forearm I assume from the air bag.

Once the rental car comes at noon, I'll be off to the wrecker yard to claim my personal items from the car and then to the State Police barracks to claim my 1862 Enfield which was in the trunk; I had just picked it up from Pullman arms where they had reinstalled the rear sight that they had put on backwards. I presume the car is totaled from the violence of the hit at highway speed, all airbags deploying, and 45,000 miles on the car.

I quit. Third total wreck in 20 months. I'll bring my camera to document the damage. This time I'll remember the 6 CDs in the dash and the garage door opener!

T[bs1]

Last edited:
I figured after two failed P38 attempts, I should switch things up a bit. The first P38, AC43, had a split right grip. The second P38 (AC41) had a clipped firing pin. I figured for the money I had already committed, I could get something I didn't have rather than a second P38. The third attempt will be here later this week. I'm not telling what it is, but I posted a clue.

Another "3" for those who know me, I've had a problem with cars lately. Well coming home from RI yesterday came the third. I had just dropped off a load of parts for the '55 Star Chief and around X5 on 95N when there was an incident in the center late. Traffic was moderate, I was doing 70 in the right lane. A car in the center lane ran off the road into the median ditch and flipped. Someone from the center lane swerved into my lane and I clobbered them straight with no chance to stop or maneuver. This is from the driver who was behind me. I saw or heard nothing; all I saw was a quartering tail light. My car was crushed in between the door and the front tire nearly to the steering wheel. Hood buckled, all air bags deployed, and the windshield broken. I was knocked out again (#11 if you're counting) briefly, and in a swoon for 20 minutes. My son was in the front seat and had a small cut on his finger that took a band-aid to fix. We were both transported to Norwood hospital. I had CAT scans of my head and neck. Nothing broken, but I'm bruised from my left thigh to head with a slash/abrasion wound on my inner left forearm I resume from the air bag.

Once the rental car comes at noon, I'll be off to the wrecker yard to claim my personal items from the car and then to the State Police barracks to claim my 1862 Enfield which was in the trunk; I had just picked it up from Pullman arms where they had reinstalled the rear sight that they had put on backwards. I presume the car is totaled from the violence of the hit at highway speed, all airbags deploying, and 45,000 miles on the car.

I quit. Third total wreck in 20 months. I'll bring my camera to document the damage. This time I'll remember the 6 CDs in the dash and the garage door opener!

T[bs1]

that sucks, glad no injuries.....dont forget a battery jump pack or something to get power to the CD player.

Why is it only BAD things happen in 3s? I have yet to have the trifecta of good things!

M1917, only question will be Colt or S&W

btw moonclips suck after a couple of times using them, invest in 45 autorim!

Glad you're all ok after wreck, hopefully the rifle wasn't damaged.

Here's what's left. Two wrecked VWs in 20 months. Walked away both times; well make that carried away on a gurney both times. This was the most vicious hit I've ever been involved in. Leaning towards a new VW Passat SE w/tech. Not as fast, but a little more room for a cross country cruiser and 38mpg with an 18.5 gallon tank (700 mile range).

The State police said basically what the witness said, save the guy in front of me slammed on the brakes to avoid the swerving car in front of him instead of moving into my lane. Whatever the reason, not my fault and I can still talk about it.

Spent two hours at the State Police Barracks in Foxboro waiting for them to get the Lieutenant's office keys to recover my 1862 Tower Enfield.

T

Last edited:
This is what $30/day coverage for a rental gets you now-a-days. They call it 'economy;' I assume that doesn't even get me a Corolla. I'll have to upgrade a little.

T

Wow, glad you are ok. Time for a Volvo. No kidding, those things are a beast in a wreck. My son was cut off by some d-bag named Mohammed (seriously) in a Nissan Armada. Volvo drove away with a bumper bungied down and the big SUV was hauled away on a flatbed. Mohammed got a nice ticket too.

Actually the VW probably was a good call. Something like 10 air bags?

Rifle became cocked and cone cover broken off, but seems OK. Pullman had installed the replacement rear sight backwards.

T

jeez, glad you (and the enfield) are ok. worst ive ever been in, was a guy slamming into the rear of my 1991 ford crown victoria station wagon, with another older crown victoria sedan.... while i was dead stopped. loudest bang I can recall (other than live firing a m18 hell cat tank destroyer) hit so hard folded my wagon in half as pushed into a truck in front of me. crawled out window, and colapsed to ground as my car caught fire.

M1917, only question will be Colt or S&W

btw moonclips suck after a couple of times using them, invest in 45 autorim!

Glad you're all ok after wreck, hopefully the rifle wasn't damaged.

It is a 95% S/W. The Colt cost 1/3 more. I'll get a 20's/30's Colt Police Positive in .38 special to have a Colt wheel gun.

T

If I could dream, I'd like a Chevrolet PPV Impala or Caprice. Alas, the public cannot buy a police package. Why not; its just a base car with heavy duty components. A Challenger with a shaker hood or a Mustang convertible would be cool, but alas dad's car is the family hauler and road trip car. The critter (son) is now 14, 5'8" and 200 pounds - and his knees kept pushing into our backs in the Jetta. A 1LT Impala with the 197 HP 4-cylinder gets 33mpg, but to get the moon-roof you have a tech package bringing the price $6000 ($33k vs $28) more than the Passat.

T

actually you can buy the police package, you just need a cooperative dealer to do it. I had a 2008 Challenger SRT8 and it was an absolute blast but there's really no back seat to speak of in the thing and visibility out the rear window is pretty bad. It was fun for a while though and scary fast.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a 95% S/W. The Colt cost 1/3 more. I'll get a 20's/30's Colt Police Positive in .38 special to have a Colt wheel gun.

Nice! When you get it, take the grips off and see if the s/n is written on each one in pencil. My colt did.

The '55 Pontiac Star Chief was wreck #2; 5/23/14.
Wreck #1, 2012 VW Passat; 4/29/14.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 17
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 17
You should look into an MRAP or something along those lines. Not only will people move for you, but you can survive any accident.

Brought home the new VW tonight before the snow; only 50 miles on the car. It is a 2016 Passat SE w/TECH. I've already had the air induction kit installed. Not dissing the car - its the most expensive car I've ever owned - but I'd rather still have my other car and not have had the wreck in the first place.

T

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom