Update-Liberty Safe Electronic Lock Fail

I’m also a fan of the S&G but I have several digital.
So when you change just the keypad, can you use the code programmed on the old one or do you use the new code that came with a new lock?

The security info is not in the keypad, it’s in the part inside the safe.

Otherwise you could open any safe by plugging in your own keypad.

I really don’t understand why keypads go bad; car electronics which are way more complicated last essentially forever.

I really don’t understand why keypads go bad; car electronics which are way more complicated last essentially forever.
Money - that's the #1 reason
The keypad is made as cheap as possible but still keep the person happy enough to keep the person happy in a repeat market

Cars are a repeat market with plenty of competition where customers value perceived quality along with price.

Safes are pretty much a one and done for the majority of owners and it's a cost/size value system.

If you want a good lock on your safe buy a good lock to put on your safe - there isn't a viable market for an affordable (meaning cheap) safe with a good lock.

The security info is not in the keypad, it’s in the part inside the safe.

Otherwise you could open any safe by plugging in your own keypad.

That’s why I was asking. Would be pretty ridiculous if you could just put a keypad on it and enter your own combo again.

I’m terrible. I don’t even know the code to most of my saves I just do it. I feel and pattern except my day safe. The combo is 0000.

My real safes i have to know because there ain’t no way you drilling those out. They got glass plates and stuff.

I recieved a reaponse from liberty by email in two days. An email a day for two more days and they shipped out a replacement keypad at no charge. New Keypad arrived last night. Swapped out last night and after waiting for the remaining "timeout" beeping from the broken keypad, i entered my code and everything functioned again. I will be swapping out for a mechanical as suggested. Thanks to everyones responses and suggestions.

The average post 2013 gun owner in america is a dust collector type. If they open the safe more than like 20 times in a year it might be a miracle or something
happening. So these chinesium vendors engineer the cheapest product to meet that "LCD" level requirement.

I sent off an email to liberty. Hoping to get a free keypad and will be swapping out for a mechanical lock as soon as i get it open. If i have to buy a replacement keypad i will but like most of the other members here i am somewhat of a skinflint and dont wanr to spend money on something i plan on throwing away.
SmartSelect_20240423_064555_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom