Letters of reference and letter to the chief for LTC

Anybody have the letters that they submitted to their town? I'd like to make it as easy as possible for my references and I'd like to make sure that I say the right things in my letter to the chief.

Thanks,
Eddie

Here is something to get you started.
It's specific to a situation of mine so obviously you can't use the text verbatim.
Dear LXXX,

My name is XXX and I am writing a letter of reference for XXXX. I grew up in XXXX, currently reside in XXXX, and am an Unrestricted Class A LTC holder myself.
XXXXX is applying for an unrestricted Class A LTC for all lawful purposes. Being a firearms owner I understand the responsibility that comes along with it. She exercises good judgment in her daily life and has excellent character. She knows the difference between right and wrong. Ultimately, she is a very responsible citizen and I can assure you that XXXX is more than suitable for the responsibilities of firearms ownership.

Even though XXXX is just now applying for her LTC, she is not new to firearms. She has spent almost 4 years on the XXXXXX Pistol Team. And in my conversations with XXXX, I know that she is very interested in continuing her involvement in the shooting sports, specifically Bullseye and IDPA.

Thank you for your time. And I hope you approve XXXX application for an Unrestricted Class A LTC. If you would like to contact me with any questions, my information is below.

With Warm Regards,

Back
Top Bottom