Letter to Rep Ferguson & Senator Brewer

Catoperat

NES Member
Seeing as how I cannot make it to the Boston Rally today, I decided to write a letter to my Senator and Rep. I will post any replies received.

January 19, 2013

The Honorable Stephen M. Brewer
Senate Chairman
Committee on Ways and Means
State House, Room 212
Boston, MA 02133

Dear Senator Brewer,

I am writing to you in reference to the Governor’s An Act to Strengthen and Enhance Firearms Laws in the Commonwealth. As a law-abiding Citizen and gun owner, I feel that the more firearms laws are not the answer.

I grew up in central Massachusetts and have fond memories of shooting cans with my father and grandfather using a .22 caliber pistol. These weekends in the outdoors shaped who I am today and I hope to be able to do this with my children someday. I am concerned that if this Act passes, this hope will never become reality. This Act would also make many of my firearms, both new and heirlooms from great-grandfathers past, illegal to possess.

Massachusetts already has some of the most restrictive laws regarding firearms in the country. We need to reform and enforce the current gun laws, not put more on the books. I am asking you to vote against the proposed Act and to take a look into reforming and enforcing our current firearms laws.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Catoperat

Back
Top Bottom