Let the congratulations Begin!!

Dillon has come through and my beautiful XL650 is in!!!! [laugh][smile][wave][cheers][party][rockon][party2][banana][party]

Ok but seriously, the downside is... I have no place to put it!!! Gotta make my own lil reloading bench. Emphasis on little... Small rented house and limited indoor space no garage, and our crackhead neighbors and shifty friends will f***ing steal anything. (think its those pricks that STOLE my first press!!!) MY plan is a simple contraption of 2x4's and 2x8's.... thinking just enough to be upright and not fall and just enough to get this thing bolted on. No real diagrams drawn up yet... but how "built" does this thing need to be? I know flex is a no go.... Think proper application of those supplies will make something small and sturdy enough? Going to find out soon one way or another.... wish me luck!!
Oh also, only have 1lb of powder and damn sure Ill need primers and bullets! haha! time to go shopping tomorrow woo hoo!!!

Dillon has come through and my beautiful XL650 is in!!!! [laugh][smile][wave][cheers][party][rockon][party2][banana][party]

Ok but seriously, the downside is... I have no place to put it!!! Gotta make my own lil reloading bench. Emphasis on little... Small rented house and limited indoor space no garage, and our crackhead neighbors and shifty friends will f***ing steal anything. (think its those pricks that STOLE my first press!!!) MY plan is a simple contraption of 2x4's and 2x8's.... thinking just enough to be upright and not fall and just enough to get this thing bolted on. No real diagrams drawn up yet... but how "built" does this thing need to be? I know flex is a no go.... Think proper application of those supplies will make something small and sturdy enough? Going to find out soon one way or another.... wish me luck!!
Oh also, only have 1lb of powder and damn sure Ill need primers and bullets! haha! time to go shopping tomorrow woo hoo!!!

I have had great luck with Sear's work benches.

The key to a good relaoding bench, maybe more so with the upstroke priming of a 650, is to anchor it to the wall. Even in a rental you should be able to do that without making much of an impact to a wall. Just a few screws into the studs behind the bench goes a long way.

Congrats you wont be disappointed.
Get us a pic of your setup when you finally get it settled in.

Planned Setup.

Im thinking lotsa 2x4's 2x10's and a 1/4 thick steel top or a 1/8 steel top and a 1/8th steel bottom. They guy at one of my local gun stores said it cant have any flex especially when cranking down on some rifle rounds. Maybe some L bracket steel would be good? I dunno Suggestions are welcome... I am getting my brass all cleaned up and vibed now. And got some small and large primers. got some 9mm lead rounds and need to get some .45's too.... but damn I need to build it... and then the bullets will come.... [rofl][laugh2][laugh] Ok but seriously all reco's are welcome!

Im thinking lotsa 2x4's 2x10's and a 1/4 thick steel top or a 1/8 steel top and a 1/8th steel bottom. They guy at one of my local gun stores said it cant have any flex especially when cranking down on some rifle rounds. Maybe some L bracket steel would be good? I dunno Suggestions are welcome... I am getting my brass all cleaned up and vibed now. And got some small and large primers. got some 9mm lead rounds and need to get some .45's too.... but damn I need to build it... and then the bullets will come.... [rofl][laugh2][laugh] Ok but seriously all reco's are welcome!

I wouldn't use a steel top when dealing with primers and powder; wood is a lot more forgiving. I bolted my Sears benches to the floor and wall. Storing all of your bullets on the bottom shelf will help with stability. I would also recommend a "Strong Mount" for the 650.

Back
Top Bottom