Legal referrals please

A close friend was issued a section 12 and their class A was promptly revoked. The section 12 was not warranted and was in my opinion punitive and negligent. Per their local PD they have 90 days to appeal the license revocation.
Looking for legal referrals, ideally counsel that is familiar with this type of situation.
Thanks in advance for the help.
The lack of due process is shocking. It was a good reminder that, at least in this state, every effort is being made to suspend rather than protect our 2A rights. Be careful, everything can and will be held against you.

Last edited:
Have you contacted comm2a?

Also, under section 12 law.

Any person admitted under the provisions of this subsection, who has reason to believe that such admission is the result of an abuse or misuse of the provisions of this subsection, may request, or request through counsel an emergency hearing in the district court in whose jurisdiction the facility is located, and unless a delay is requested by the person or through counsel, the district court shall hold such hearing on the day the request is filed with the court or not later than the next business day.

Once the unwarranted s12 is confirmed I imagine the restorations of rights becomes easier, and then you probably toss out a lawsuit or two.

Since liabilities now govern how medicine is practiced (pathetic), section 12’s are issued over almost anything. Its a good reminder to be careful about disclosure to medical personnel. There is a big difference between someone planning their suicide and one who is occasionally sad and feels hopeless.

the use of section 12is one of the few areas a physician can essentially go against a patient and have them detained. Unfortunately many MDs only think about the S12 in terms of their own liability and not ramifications for the pt.

As per above would contact Comm2a

Contact Atty Jason Guida post-haste, he's in Salem, MA.

+1 for Guida. I paid for a consult when I moved here and he was very thorough, knowledgeable, and professional. He specializes in firearm laws and I believe was previously worked for the state in some firearm law capacity. He was located in Saugus when I called.

If he was sect 12'd, evaluated, and released, then he stands a good chance of getting license back. If he was committed, game over.
Start with requesting copies of police logs and police incident reports if any. then get copies of all hospital records including copies of evaluation records that may have been performed by a sub-contractor. Obtain an independent evaluation from a licensed clinician who is will to testify in court. (good luck finding one)
Once all facts are in place, bring it all to attorney.

If he doesn't have the money to shop for the best attorney, then does he have an Employee Assistance Program through his employer?

Any EAP won't get you a good attorney, but it will at least get you a consultation with an attorney, and probably a discount on actual services provided.

If he doesn't have the money to shop for the best attorney, then does he have an Employee Assistance Program through his employer?

Any EAP won't get you a good attorney, but it will at least get you a consultation with an attorney, and probably a discount on actual services provided.
And likely kill your ability to win the case. Attorneys not skilled in Mass gun law (almost all of them) will do him more harm than good wrt his rights.

Back
Top Bottom