Legal in New York?

Hello all

I was wondering if the bushmaster m17s in legal in the state of New York? If so what do you guys think of them.

Cheers from your Canadian friend

Welcome to NES!

It has a threaded barrel, so that would need to be addressed. Otherwise, it would appear to be compliant with the NY AWB.

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry if this sounds dumb. So if it has a threaded barrel it is a no go and if it does not it would be ok. And I thought our laws here in Canada were messed up.

Cheers

IANAL, but this is my understanding...

They were apparently manufactured from 1992-2005.

A threaded barrel on a firearm manufactured prior to 9/13/94 would be OK.

A threaded barrel on a firearm manufactured after 9/13/94 is not OK. The threads would need to be removed or permanently covered. The most common way is to have a gunsmith permanently install a muzzle brake (not a flash hider, as they are also illegal in NY).

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry if this sounds dumb. So if it has a threaded barrel it is a no go and if it does not it would be ok. And I thought our laws here in Canada were messed up.

Cheers

Well, we have 51 sets of gun laws. Some do suck more than Canada's but by and large Canadian gun laws suck way harder than those of most US states.

Back
Top Bottom