• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lee customer service is great!

mark2215

NES Member
I got two Lee 6 cavity molds at the casting seminar giveaway. Both molds had issues with some of the bullet cavities having defects/damage that made it very difficult to cast. I tried filing/sanding to remove the burrs and improve casting but I just made things worse.

I decided to see what Lee could do about it. I sent both molds back to Lee. Fast forward a week and I get a package from Lee. Inside I find two brand new molds to replace the old. So, for the cost of shipping the molds back (about $7) I ended up with two new molds, no questions asked. Can't beat that.

I have ordered commonly worn out parts for Lee presses from the Lee website, when you go to check out the total comes up $0.
They make good value reloading equipment. If you don't have any mechanical aptitude or patience I would avoid some of their products, like their progressive presses. Some of there stuff is great, carbide die sets much cheaper than the competition.

Thats good to hear. When I first started reloading I had always heard how Lee was cheap junk so I stayed away for the most part. Then I was looking for a set of 45acp dies in the middle of one of the panics and the only one I could find was a Lee set so I bought it and had zero problems. As far as pistol dies go, all I buy now are Lee dies and I have no complaints.

I bought a set of used handles for a Lee mold (Ebay or Amazon 3rd party seller, I dont remember which) and when they showed up, there was a 200 grain RN .452 mold attached to it. Upon closer examination, the top of the mold is gouged out pretty heavily from the sprue plate, which appears to be bent as well. Wonder if I ship it to them, theyll repair or replace it?

Last edited:
I've only been reloading about a year or so, my long term association with Lee isn't there yet. I do know that in this last year ANY time I called or asked online about anything their customer service was better than almost anyone I ever dealt with. I broke a couple small items and wanted to buy several replacements, along with some spare parts for future maintainence. The only charge was a minimal shipping fee like $5 . In todays throw away manufacturing society Lee's follow through on their products rates an A+ with me.

Lee has had a long time to master the inexpensive reloading equipment and the cast plastic and white metal offerings.
They probably can make a life time of replacement parts for very little cost to them.
Lee is by far the very best at what they do. Offering in expensive products that do what they claim. Although keep in mind Lee targets the frugal DIY self types that will usually just figure out that removing some of that mold flashing from their primer feed trough will resolve most primer feed issues.
As for items out of warranty from Lee I believe they offer a replacement at 50% for a new rebuild/replacement.

As for items out of warranty from Lee I believe they offer a replacement at 50% for a new rebuild/replacement.
That is 50% of full retail, not the street price. In other words, about the price you can buy the product for through a mail order discounter and more than their merchandise goes for when entering the distribution channel. 50% off retail nobody in their right mind pays may work out to something like 10% discount off what you would actually pay for a new item.

lee does handle customer issues in their own unique way. but i think rcbs makes better quality tools and has an equally good customer service and warranty/replacement policy in place.

That is 50% of full retail, not the street price. In other words, about the price you can buy the product for through a mail order discounter and more than their merchandise goes for when entering the distribution channel. 50% off retail nobody in their right mind pays may work out to something like 10% discount off what you would actually pay for a new item.
I have no idea, I sent in a few molds that I picked up used and they just sent me 2 new molds and rebuilt another total cost was 27$ including shipping. I was quoted
lee does handle customer issues in their own unique way. but i think rcbs makes better quality tools and has an equally good customer service and warranty/replacement policy in place.
I often think of the price vs quality of the manufactures.
Lee is hard to beat for the price alone

My molds were old and very used. I had no receipt as they were given to me. I was expecting to have to pay something but they send me 2 new ones completely free.

Back
Top Bottom