LCP Gen 2 - Possible issue

So i have a gen 2 LCP. The original design but with improved trigger and sights. Iv shot maybe 500 rounds through this gun and only ever had 2 issues. The 1st was a failure to eject, a stove pipe. I attributed this to the ammo as the case was cracked for about 2/3rds the length of the case. The second was just the other day. I was firing some WWB and shot 4 rounds and heard click. I assumed it was a hard primer but when i pulled the slide back there was a fired casing in the chamber. So the round fired, brought the slide back enough to re-cock the gun but not far enough to eject the shell, and then returned to battery. Iv never had this happen and was wondering if i should attribute that to the ammo or the gun. Keep in mind the gun was clean both times. Thanks for the input!

So i have a gen 2 LCP. The original design but with improved trigger and sights. Iv shot maybe 500 rounds through this gun and only ever had 2 issues. The 1st was a failure to eject, a stove pipe. I attributed this to the ammo as the case was cracked for about 2/3rds the length of the case. The second was just the other day. I was firing some WWB and shot 4 rounds and heard click. I assumed it was a hard primer but when i pulled the slide back there was a fired casing in the chamber. So the round fired, brought the slide back enough to re-cock the gun but not far enough to eject the shell, and then returned to battery. Iv never had this happen and was wondering if i should attribute that to the ammo or the gun. Keep in mind the gun was clean both times. Thanks for the input!

Maybe under powered WWB round? I've read a couple accounts of this exact thing happening with WWB, but have never experienced it myself.

That's reassuring. I love this little gun but wont sacrifice reliability for it.

That's one of the only things that comes to mind if you had a clean/lubed gun. But again, I've never personally experienced it and have shot a couple hundred WWB, so take that with a grain of salt. The only other thing I can even think of would be some type of mag issue with the top round isn't seating properly and obstructing the ejection path, but that is unlikely. Only way to really tell is to cycle a box or two of another manufacturer though it to see the issue repeats.

Ill say usually because usually. Usually a spent case wont reseat itself. The extractor probably didnt grab the casing. Usually youll get a stovepipe or a ftf in those cases.

I have the LCP 2 as well. Never had an issue with lots of different ammo. I wouldn’t worry about it unless it repeats. I agree, this is a nice little carry gun.

My LCP has eaten everything I’ve thrown at it. The LCPII is the same gun with a better trigger and different ergonomics. With quality ammo they should run forever. WWB is somewhat inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom