Last call - NRA Certified Rifle Instructor Class -Oct. 2 and 3 . Few Seats remain

scouter-rick

Training Counselor
NES Member
How does October 2 and 3 sound to you folks at a cost of $200.

I have had a request to run a Rifle Instructor Class sometime in the not too distant future.

Last time I offered it there was only one taker and I need to have at least 4 to make it happen 6-10 would be much better.

If offered, how many folks would be interested.

For existing instructors this will take 2 days to complete.

It will be held in Kingston, MA.

So, who is interested?

Last edited:
Rick,
Any chance of any classes coming up in the mid/late fall? There is not a snowball's chance of me being able to pull it off this summer due to my schedule, but I would like to look into getting certified soon.

Also, what would be the time requirements for a non-instructor?

Rick,

Could you post a link to the course description? I too am interested but want to know if it is a rifle safety course or a rifle coach course. I've got my NRA pistol instructor and NRA shotgun coach certification and the rifle would be the trifecta.

The course will prepare you to teach the Basic Rifle Course as follows:

Short Description : Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting.

More Details: This course is at least 14 hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions; cleaning, and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Rifle Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate. (Lesson Plan 1988, revised 11/08)

To Qualify as an Instructor Candidate one should be able to pass the Basic Rifle Student Exam and demonstrate skill shooting a rifle from 50ft at an A-17 target from prone, standing, and a third position using a different action rifles.

Back
Top Bottom