Kenwood 520/820

Anybody know of a good place to pick up a 520 or 820 for a reasonable price? Flee market? Ebay? I was looking at HRO in Salem if anybody has been there I wouldn't mind hearing if it's worth a trip, it would be close to 2 hours one way.

Thanks!

I was looking in the $300 range, found one on ebay in working/good condition for $300 shipped, not a steal but it'll work. I was really looking for an 820 but I didn't want to spend over $400 and that seemed to be the going rate. Now I just need a mic and to build my antenna. Oh and pass my test but that shouldn't be too bad.

Well sound good to me. The radio is in good condition but is well used so expect to see some wear marks. Let me get it out and test it to make sure everything is working. (hasn't been used in a while) Also have accessories to go with it. I'll get back to you.

Ken

OK, the radio is working. The controls are a bit scratchy but everything is working. Tuned in a couple of hams on 40 meters using a short hunk of wire and listened for a while. Tuned up the transmitter and I'm getting 100 watts on transmit into a dummy load. The transceiver has two Fox Tango filters install, comes with AC cord, DC cord, desk mic, hand held mic, external speaker and external vfo. There is a bit of dust to clean off and I have not found the cable for the external vfo but hopefully I will. So this is what you get for $300 and I think you'll be more that happy with the rig.

Let me know what you think.

Ken [grin]

OK, the radio is working. The controls are a bit scratchy but everything is working. Tuned in a couple of hams on 40 meters using a short hunk of wire and listened for a while. Tuned up the transmitter and I'm getting 100 watts on transmit into a dummy load. The transceiver has two Fox Tango filters install, comes with AC cord, DC cord, desk mic, hand held mic, external speaker and external vfo. There is a bit of dust to clean off and I have not found the cable for the external vfo but hopefully I will. So this is what you get for $300 and I think you'll be more that happy with the rig.

Let me know what you think.

Ken [grin]

PM Sent!

Nothing like the old timers! I have a TS-950sdx. One of the best radios ever built!! I have it driving an Amerition AL-82. Simple dipole and I can hit Serbia.

Back
Top Bottom