Just curious.... locking threads vs. merging threads

doobie

Banned
Just wondering....I've seen a few dupe threads get merged, while most get locked. I was just wondering why the difference. Is it easier to just lock them? Some of the locked threads have a fair discussion before getting locked.

If it's just a post and people saying "Dupe" I understand why it might not be worth while to merge it... (not to point out a single one or say there's a problem with just locking it), but the occupation one had about 17 posts before it was locked.

I guess it's a judgment call on the mod's part. If there's little new discussion, it'll probably get locked. It is easier to just lock a thread, so if the mod is in a hurry, it'll likely get locked. If it's the thrid or fourth dupe of the day on a subject, it'll get locked.

I guess it's a judgment call on the mod's part. If there's little new discussion, it'll probably get locked. It is easier to just lock a thread, so if the mod is in a hurry, it'll likely get locked. If it's the thrid or fourth dupe of the day on a subject, it'll get locked.

Thanks!

If there's discussion in both dupes I'll merge them. Sometimes I'll merge a dupe without any discussion in it if the original thread has been quiet and deserves a bump or is a few pages in so that it refreshes the topic.

Back
Top Bottom