• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

January 20-21, Manchester, NH show

ChrisNH

Dealer
NES Member
The largest and most popular show in NH. At the Radisson hotel on Elm street. I will be set up at this show with ammo and magazines (including some pre-ban stuff).

There is no credible source saying NICS shuts down. They didn't in the 2013 shutdown. They're FBI, not BATFE.

Sure, NICS shuts down in a stiff breeze, but key LE personnel are exempt from the budget kerfuffle, including FBI.

Even Bloomberg says NICS will stay up, you know they'd be crowing if the opposite were true.

I hope you're right. Everything I googled says NICS down (and Google never lied/s). Headed there now.
FBI says "Yesterday the NICS Section acknowledged a known issue with the NICS E-Check. This issue is impeding the ability of some users from successfully logging onto the system"

Last edited:
OK show. Not a big line, bought a few things. Still light on tables. Prices on ammo are still idiotic: NOTE TO VENDORS - Hillary lost the election. Gun prices so-so. Spent a few bucks, hoping it gets back to normal some day.

Gonna be a slow and frustrated group there with NICS part of the .gov shutdown.

This doesn't happen. NICS doesnt get unstaffed during a shutdown because its part of the FBI.

If there are any delays its because the NH handgun POC is shit, but that's not the feds fault. (ongoing problem in NH since Obama's first term, more or less... perhaps longer. )

-Mike

OK show. Not a big line, bought a few things. Still light on tables. Prices on ammo are still idiotic: NOTE TO VENDORS - Hillary lost the election. Gun prices so-so. Spent a few bucks, hoping it gets back to normal some day.

There is no more "normal" anymore, the paradigm of the gun show has shifted away from enthusiasts at this point... the glory days of the gun shows pre 2013 are long gone and they're never coming back. Best you can do is go in with a fistful of cash and some market knowledge and use that to negotiate a compromise.

-Mike

There is no more "normal" anymore, the paradigm of the gun show has shifted away from enthusiasts at this point... the glory days of the gun shows pre 2013 are long gone and they're never coming back. Best you can do is go in with a fistful of cash and some market knowledge and use that to negotiate a compromise.

-Mike

That is quite true. I only buy guns at LGS, so the shows for me are a place for picking up the odd stuff and bargains.

$52.00 for a 7rd Shield mag. Bodyguards, $100 difference from one table to the next...and still overpriced. What very few C&Rs on site...apparently made from pure 24 carat gold now.
Waste of $16 and 2 hrs of my life. Never again

-Mike

Patti could have got out a couple of years earlier but still probably got out in time.

I went Saturday and the only decent deal I saw was a Gen 4 G19 w/ 3 mags for $475

But it was a used blue label gun, so $475 isn't really a great deal on that anyways when you know that, but $475 for a slightly used G19 is pretty standard.

It was exactly what I expected lol. I don't know how the guys who get like 2+ tables for shitty chinese folding knives and katanas or stupid MUH GUNZ t-shirts even break even

I went Saturday and the only decent deal I saw was a Gen 4 G19 w/ 3 mags for $475

But it was a used blue label gun, so $475 isn't really a great deal on that anyways when you know that, but $475 for a slightly used G19 is pretty standard.

It was exactly what I expected lol. I don't know how the guys who get like 2+ tables for shitty chinese folding knives and katanas or stupid MUH GUNZ t-shirts even break even

Add in the guy who has 10 tables of over priced coffee table books to this list. Has he ever sold a single Goddamn one?

Because that stuff costs about as much as floor sweepings, lol. You get a chinese flashlight for 50 cents and sell it for 4 bucks that's a lot of profit.

-Mike

Add in the guy who has 10 tables of over priced coffee table books to this list. Has he ever sold a single Goddamn one?

I've bought a few over the years.
I got a nice one about the Civil War, lots of pics, which I gave to my brother.
And I got a few others featuring tanks, mechanized armor and other military vehicles.

I've bought a few over the years.
I got a nice one about the Civil War, lots of pics, which I gave to my brother.
And I got a few others featuring tanks, mechanized armor and other military vehicles.

You might be the only one. The looks that guy shoots at anyone who approaches his tables are not particularly welcoming.

Back
Top Bottom