• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's real! Sig Brace for Mossberg Shockwave

That would make reloads interesting, provided you actually use it as a brace.

Democrats wanna ban
I'm not all up to the Mass laws, but this is categorized as a firearm, not a pistol or rifle, and I think the pistol grip might give it the banhammer under the Mass AWB.

IDK, the Shockwave is more or less a pistol anyway, so adding a more proper pistol grip to a pistol shouldn't be against the law, but nothing that should be ever is in Massachusetts.

I think the pistol grip might give it the banhammer under the Mass AWB.

1.) it’s not a pistol grip. If it was then it would be illegal for *anyone* to sell in that configuration with a tax stamp.
2.) even if it was, how would it fall under the AWB with a pump action?

Edit: just looked at the SB photo. No way I would put that on mine. It looks waaaaay too much like a pistol grip.

pistol grips on a pump action are just fine. no worries. you can go to your dealer and buy a mossberg tactical turkey with a pistol grip right now. the AWB only applies if the firearm is semi auto AND then contains evil features....

Per the law:

D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of—

1. a folding or telescoping stock;
  2. a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
  3. a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
  4. an ability to accept a detachable magazine.
Assault Weapons Ban Enforcement

I have a pistol grip on my semi auto 11-87 right now... and it's perfectly legal. Because that is the only feature. the mag does not hold more than 5, it does not have a folding or telescoping stock, or a detachable mag....

You folks need to read up on the law before you waste loot on crap like this...

OP is waaaay to excited about a POS marketing gimmick he doesn't even need.

Last edited:
Not a marketing gimmick. Shortest possible shotgun you can legally shoulder and aim/fire faster and more accurately.

The Shockwave without a brace? That's a marketing gimmick.

1st - that's not true.

2nd - Again man... people should read the laws... there is no law or limit on minimum stock length for shotguns. Only barrel length at 18 inches and overall length at 26. You can walk into your gun dealer and buy a Mossberg Just In Case with absolutely no stock, pistol grip and an 18.5 inch barrel right now... You can put a collapsible stock on your pump action shot gun - right now. In fact if you buy a Mossberg tactical turkey - it comes with one.

''Shotgun'', a weapon having a smooth bore with a barrel length equal to or greater than 18 inches with an overall length equal to or greater than 26 inches

Section 121

Discussing these not-a-shotgun firearms can be tricky, as the results need to be legal under both Federal and State law.
Not a marketing gimmick. Shortest possible shotgun you can legally shoulder and aim/fire faster and more accurately. The Shockwave without a brace? That's a marketing gimmick.
The Shockwave/Tac-14 is interesting in NH because while a "firearm" under Federal law, the configuration fits the NH definition of "pistol", legal to have loaded in/on a vehicle.

Black Aces put a brace on their modified Mossberg 500 three years ago, but their BATFE letter specifically forbade shouldering. That letter appears to be the same letter SB is relying for their 590 brace?

A $200 grip on a $400 gun. I couldn't just on general principle. The knicknackery of everything, even cool things, has gone too far.

A $200 grip on a $400 gun. I couldn't just on general principle. The knicknackery of everything, even cool things, has gone too far.
More like $150. I consider that better than paying $200 that you'll never see again to a gov't agency that takes months to give you a permission slip saying you can put a short barrel on a shotgun.

Paying the money for this brace actually goes to somebody's paycheck to put food on their table and it gives you greater freedom of mobility with it.

pistol grips on a pump action are just fine. no worries. you can go to your dealer and buy a mossberg tactical turkey with a pistol grip right now. the AWB only applies if the firearm is semi auto AND then contains evil features....

Per the law:

D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of—

1. a folding or telescoping stock;
  2. a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
  3. a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
  4. an ability to accept a detachable magazine.
Assault Weapons Ban Enforcement

I have a pistol grip on my semi auto 11-87 right now... and it's perfectly legal. Because that is the only feature. the mag does not hold more than 5, it does not have a folding or telescoping stock, or a detachable mag....

You folks need to read up on the law before you waste loot on crap like this...

OP is waaaay to excited about a POS marketing gimmick he doesn't even need.

Grey area in the law concerning the length of shells though. What length shells? A friend (not in this state) has a pistol grip, full stock semi-automatic shotgun which takes 4+1 3 inch shells but, if you adjust the feed ramp, can take 6+1 mini shells.

Our law is porous to say the least.

1st - that's not true.

2nd - Again man... people should read the laws... there is no law or limit on minimum stock length for shotguns. Only barrel length at 18 inches and overall length at 26. You can walk into your gun dealer and buy a Mossberg Just In Case with absolutely no stock, pistol grip and an 18.5 inch barrel right now... You can put a collapsible stock on your pump action shot gun - right now. In fact if you buy a Mossberg tactical turkey - it comes with one.

''Shotgun'', a weapon having a smooth bore with a barrel length equal to or greater than 18 inches with an overall length equal to or greater than 26 inches

Section 121

Yes but with the shockwave you can shave 4.5” off the oal and still be fullly compliant with any federal laws

MA opinion on the shockwave:

capture-jpg.213933

that is sweeeeeeeet. they are going to sell a bazillion of those

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom