• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Issue posting in particular threads

Every now and then I'll simply be unable to post in a particular thread. It's only happened a few times before, but thought I should mention it now.

I type out my response and hit the button to post the reply. It hangs up for a moment and the cursor turns into that circle you sometimes see. The page takes forever to load, and never finishes. I'm left with a purely white window and my post is never submitted. I reload the page, try again, and it still doesn't work. Even shut down Firefox (v3.6.3) and try again, still no luck. This is currently only happening in one particular thread. I can go to other threads and post with no issue.

Have you dumped your browser cache? Have you tried another browser? Do you have any BHO's loaded?

One time my browser went nuts because I tried to reply to a thread as it got deleted.

Have you dumped your browser cache? Have you tried another browser? Do you have any BHO's loaded?

One time my browser went nuts because I tried to reply to a thread as it got deleted.

No, no, and not that I'm aware of.

The thread isn't closed. Again, it only happens in a single thread every now and then. It doesn't happen but every few weeks, but it happened again today. I currently can't post in a thread I was/am debating in because whatever I type never goes through when I click "Post reply."

I have had similar issues in the past. I suspect it is some issue with cookies, etc. and it happens regardless of which browser I use. I have found that the only workarounds for me are to either load northeastshooters in an InPrivate screen in IE or use a web proxy for any of the other web browsers. I suppose I could figure it out if I had the time, but I can't be bothered. The InPrivate window essentially loads IE without any cookies, a cleared out cache, etc. and then the site works beautifully. I can log in normally and everything works. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom