• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it ok to shoot at HSC this weekend?

The rule is not posted on the website. What do you need to know? There are many HSC members here which can help on any club rules question

I don't want to hijack the thread, but since the OP's question was answered.... I will.

I think I want to join a club that will let me shoot steel, draw from holster, shoot > 1s per, free-er guest policy, ect... Paper targets are getting boring. I'd like to have some feedback when I hit my target. Plus, my new girl likes coming with me to the range once in a while. I'm looking into both HSC and Westford.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but since the OP's question was answered.... I will.

I think I want to join a club that will let me shoot steel, draw from holster, shoot > 1s per, free-er guest policy, ect... Paper targets are getting boring. I'd like to have some feedback when I hit my target. Plus, my new girl likes coming with me to the range once in a while. I'm looking into both HSC and Westford.

I'm a member of both. For pistol and rifle only, HSC is better, hands down. If you also like shotgun clay games, WSC has Trap and Sporting Clays. The range rules are pretty similar, but HSC has many more ranges. I'm still a member of WSC because it's 10 minutes from my house vs 20, and I shoot on the pistol team. Last I heard, Harvard didn't have a pistol team (bullseye), but there are some people interested. If someone stepped up to organize it, I'm sure the BoD would be very supportive.

I'm a member of both. For pistol and rifle only, HSC is better, hands down. If you also like shotgun clay games, WSC has Trap and Sporting Clays. The range rules are pretty similar, but HSC has many more ranges. I'm still a member of WSC because it's 10 minutes from my house vs 20, and I shoot on the pistol team. Last I heard, Harvard didn't have a pistol team (bullseye), but there are some people interested. If someone stepped up to organize it, I'm sure the BoD would be very supportive.

You're a lucky guy being so close to those clubs.

It's got a shotgun trap range but it's alittle lame

It's The only thing it lacks. I wish it had a full skeet and trap range. There's plenty of space

If somone was to got to the BoD with a plan and the energy to form a trap and skeet range committe, I guarantee HSC would end up with a nice range... All it takes is one person to get the ball rolling and getting a few like minded individuals involved. The club does not stand in the way of people trying to better the club in any way IMO.

Happen to have a link to WSC's rules?

Back
Top Bottom